Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not The Greatest Cook In The World

Today has been very busy. Because every day I get off work at 8:15pm and Aldo is already at home, he cooks the meals and has them prepared by the time I get there. And they are excellent! So I thought, I really want to do something special for him. I'm going to make a roast. I don't remember the last time I made a roast... I think all I did was turn the crock pot on. All in all, it was a complicated process. I googled a crock pot recipe. Then there were the questions Do I add water or use gravy? Do I slice the meat or leave it whole? How long do I cook it for if I cook on high instead of low? Oops, this is 4 pounds, not 2. We'll see how it fares. Besides that, I finally bought a changing pad for the changing table and put together the station. Yay! No more changing diapers in bed! And I put a new shower head on because the old one wouldn't stay up on it's own. It was just a lot of random stuff.

Luke wasn't with me all day. I definitely noticed. :( Today is the second day that he's slept all through the night. AND last night, he laughed for the first time! He was doing his "Ajua" fists in the air and I shouted it out, and it just cracked him up. It was so cute; I'm so happy our little family was together for it. I've been kind of going crazy buying toys for him. I don't really know why. I just wish he would play with something besides his frog blanket. So I found some squeaky animals that my sister plays with more than anybody, a dog that buzzes on the floor, and a pig that plays music. I liked the pig best because the music is the JAM and it can hang on Luke's car seat so he can play with it in the car. Well, Aldo and my sister both said that it was a girl's toy. I was so upset. It is not a girl's toy. Even if it is on the pinkish side. It's a pig!!! They're supposed to be pink. I'm keeping it. It's cool. Luke is going to love it.

Last, I just wanted to say what my favorite part about being a mother is. It's the moment after Luke is done eating. He lays his head on my shoulder and falls gently back to sleep. But no, I can't let him go back to sleep because he has to burp. So I pat on his back and he squirms in my arms. He'll let out a few and just konks out! His cheeks are so soft and I can feel his little body heat and even his breathing against my side. And I love him so much in that moment! I go in to kiss his head. And sometimes I can smell the milk on his neck. He smells like baby. And that's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment