Monday, September 13, 2010

Movies & Movement

It was a busy weekend. I planned on finishing the cleaning. One thing always lead to another, and I admit, I didn't get a thing done. Our little family spent a nice afternoon walking around the outdoor mall though. I wish my schedule were a little different sometimes - that way I could spend more time together as a family, instead of waiting for the weekend.


Luke is definitely growing and learning - leaps and bounds!!! This past weekend I was playing with him on the floor, in our little blanketed area, and was shaking this dog (which he never plays with) in front of his face. All of his other toys have disappeared... probably at the cousin's house... and so I was stuck with the noisy dog. And he reached for it!! He started pushing around the foot. I know.. it doesn't seem like a big deal, but it really is! Before it was just blankets and his outfits, but now I'm starting to see what he really likes.
An even bigger deal.. is that today I put him on his belly like I always do, and he was looking at his Moo Cow and Nay Horse. And the poor baby couldn't reach them because he hasn't figured out his arms yet. But he started scooting towards them. He was determined! I watched him kick his legs in the air and sometimes accidentally push the floor with his feet; and even though his belly was dragging against the floor, he was inching along towards those animals! Just like a little military man. It was so cute.
To add to his list of changes, Luke has also been eating more!! I have no idea where it goes. He used to eat around 5 oz. and now he ranges from 6-8 oz. I think it's because he is so energetic. He just burns it off. Because he's still as scrawny as ever.
Last, today I found out from my aunt, who has been watching him for a few hours while I am at work, that she puts him in a jumper. No wonder he has good neck control. It won't be long before he's crawling and getting into everything. I know for sure he is one of those that puts it all in his mouth. :)

As for me, I have been watching my collection of Audrey Hepburn movies. I think she is the most gorgeous woman. Her and Sandra Bullock. Luke doesn't much like those movies, so this morning we read and watched VeggieTales. I don't want him being one of those children obsessed with Elmo or Barney. I thought Dora and Diego might be okay. But after watching it with my nephews, I thought better of it. VeggieTales I think I can handle. Chicken enchiladas tonight! I can't wait to see my husband! It's going to be a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment