Wednesday, February 3, 2010

20 Weeks, 4 Days

Turns out the little stinker is a BOY!! Oh goodness, what am I gonna do? Haven't really taken care of one of those before...lol

So I went to the ultrasound appointment with Aldo and we met up with his mom and my mom there at the doctor's office. The lady checked the vital stuff first. The heart was really neat. You could see the beat and the four chambers... aw. And then the lady said something about the baby having two kidneys. I look over at Aldo and ask quietly, "Are they supposed to have two kidneys?" I've only heard of one kidney people. Not two kidney people. So I thought WOW, my kid has a growth of some sort and made too many kidneys. But I wasn't sure. And since my husband knows everything there is to know... I asked him. My mom has been laughing about that ever since. It'll probably go into the Unwritten Book of Funniest Things I've Ever Said.

A little later she asked if we wanted to know the gender. OF COURSE we want to know the gender!!! So she skims around with her little pointer and slows down when she comes across a part of the screen that made me whisper.. "Oh man, I think I saw something." Just minutes before she asked if we wanted a boy or a girl and I answered that everyone thought we were having a girl and my mom blurts out, "We don't want a boy. We don't like boys." So she's skimming around, comes to that spot, and then keeps on going like she didn't see anything and doesn't say anything. After a while I ask, "Is it a boy?" She goes, "What makes you say that?" "Um.. I think I saw a little something." "Yeah, it's a boy. And he's not shy." So below are the pics taken of my proud little man. Ooh he's gonna love this when he's older. I'll be one of those mom's that flashes nice pictures of him to all his girlfriends.

Baby20wk  Babyback20wk
He looks like a manatee with his little pot belly and flippers. And what a cute bottom!!
    




And more news. The other day, about 4:15.. he went nuts! He was kickin' and kneein' me like crazy. Aldo was by me on the coach and I told him to put his hand on my belly. He felt like 10-20 kicks at least! It was the most awesome thing to see... your husband finally be able to feel his child inside you. :) That will forever be one of my top memories.

Love you I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment