Friday, February 19, 2010

22 Weeks, 6 Days - Movies Men Like Venting

Note: Before reading anything, please note that everything below only applies to me. So don't take any offense if I dissed all your favorite movies.
There is a genre of movies called "Movies Men Like"... Movies ONLY Men Like While Women Would Like Nothing More Than To Destroy Them. So last night my husband and I went to Blockbuster to pick out a free movie. Recently I finally finished the Avatar series that he forced me to watch. So now I'd just like something relaxing, and for some reason last night I wanted to watch Blue Crush or Never Been Kissed. Not wonderful movies I admit, but not bad either. When we went in I looked through all the new releases and the only thing we hadn't seen was a horror movie. So I told him to get his scary movie. (I won't watch scary movies... and actually his friends just came in from out of town last week and we saw The Book of Eli and Wolfman. That second one is pushing it...) Anyways, he said he didn't want it because he wanted to get something I would watch with him. We went to the Comedy section and started throwing things out like Dumb & Dumber, Superbad, etc. Why would I want to watch that junk?! We ended up walking out with Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey. Ummm....
And on top of it, he told me it was an "intellectual" movie. Well, I'm sure it is if you have an IQ of nil. As an ending to this vent, I'll just put together a quick list of movies in this genre. These may be okay to watch with your buddies, but don't even think of bringing them home to your pregnant wife.
  • Bill & Ted movies
  • Harold & Kumar movies
  • Jay & Silent Bob movies
  • Scary Movie movies
  • American Pie movies
  • Grandma's Boy
  • SuperBad
  • Anchorman... actually anything with Will Ferrell... pretty much a genre in itself... Old School, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers, Semi-Pro, etc.
  • Dumb & Dumber (honestly this one is not so bad. I can deal, but must be in the mood)
  • Road Trip
  • EuroTrip
  • National Lampoon movies
  • and branching out to the TV shows... South Park, Family Guy, Futurama, King of the Hill, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Ah man! I must be a boy! Haha! I write this as I'm wearing a Transformers t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete