Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I Don't Miss Being This Sick

8 weeks, 5 days

I didn't do a very good job taking notes and leaving helpful hints for future pregnancies. I guess I didn't know what to keep track of. But now, at eight weeks, I'm full blown-out nauseous. And it's horrible. I don't like the feeling; I'd much rather just throw up and get the sick over with. So for future reference, milk and dairy (like ice-cream) aggravate it. Stay away from that. Emetrol (the medicine with the rainbow) is alright, but it doesn't last. The bottle says take every 15 minutes if you need to. And with intense nausea, the 2 Tablespoons don't work. So you just have to deal with it. I've tried drinking water (wash it out), drinking Sprite (burp it out), eating chocolate or fruit, anything really. I haven't found the cure. Even if I figure out what I'm craving, like Chinese food, the satisfaction in my belly doesn't last long. Prenatal vitamins also aggravate it, so I take those with food, and in the morning when the nausea is for the most part "worst".

Here's what the experts say:
- Eat small meals, slowly
- Avoid laying down after eating, especially on the left side
- Get out of bed slowly
- Eat food cold or at room temperature
- Stay away from spicy, acidic, or fried foods (which is interesting because lately all I want is spicy…)
- Drink cold, carbonated drinks in between meals, or even sour drinks like lemonade
- Sip throughout the day
- Avoid the triggers like smells or car rides
- Get fresh air
- Wear comfy clothes
- Rest
- Ginger

So here's looking to weeks ahead when all of this subsides (about Week 14).

No comments:

Post a Comment