Tuesday, February 24, 2015

What's New

16 Weeks

Today we went for another monthly checkup.

Nurse/Doctor Questions with My Answers:
• Weight: 210 lbs.
• How are you feeling? Much better. Not sick anymore, not like the first trimester. Occasionally nauseous in the morning, but I eat a bit before or after I take a shower and that helps. Slowly going longer without snacking too. (It used to be I'd have to snack every 2 hours to keep away the nausea.)
• Are you on any medication? Just Flinstones vitamins!
• Your blood pressure is a little high, have you been having headaches? Not really. Was today a bad day, anything stressing you out? We had school, but the kids weren't bad or anything. I think it was a good day actually. Cranky? Yes. Lately I've noticed I've been more "short" and I'm not usually like that. My emotions are everywhere. <Aldo nods in agreement.>
• Are you sleeping on your side? Yes. Sometimes, though, I'll start on my back and switch to my side shortly after.
• How is your energy? Well, it feels like it's coming back… Today I feel like I could wash dishes <Aldo raises eyebrow> or run or something. (I think this is because I had a good day. The feeling of running or washing dishes won't last. Ha!)
Have you felt any movement do you think? I thought maybe in my 14th and 15th week, but I wasn't for sure because it was so early. I've been trying to zone in on it to see if I feel anything, but nothing has happened recently. We have a small, hand-held heart monitor at home that lets us listen to the baby and we've been doing that. (It's hard telling yourself that you're pregnant when it doesn't seem that way, so listening has helped make it real.)

We heard the baby's heartbeat again. It's a healthy heartbeat; the quickness of it is perfect.
And my question, because we're planning a family trip for April, when I'll be 51/2 months pregnant, and we don't have the destination finalized yet, was when can't I travel? The last 3-4 weeks of pregnancy, same if by plane.

Other things that are new - I've been having a lot of cramping lately. I figure it's just growth. And zits are popping up everywhere! In places I don't normally get them! Just another piece of evidence that my hormones are out of whack. Ahh, the fun things of pregnancy that no one cares to mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment