Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcome Back Grammy!!

My mom got in late last night, in the middle of our blizzard. We surprised her with a "welcome home" sign and a video I've been adding to all week. (Since she was gone, I knew she would miss out on Luke and the new things that he's been doing, so I compiled pictures each day and some video footage into a short film for her. I knew she would love it.) Afterward, she went downstairs to see Luke in bed and he ended up waking up. He recognized her immediately and gave her a tired little smile. I'm happy for her. I can only imagine how mom might have felt as she was traveling, and thinking that Luke might forget who she was. What a relief to know you're not forgotten, even by a precious baby. What joy.

She also brought back things like purses, shirts, a chess set for Aldo, and jewelry for us from all of the different places that she stopped. It sounded like she had a good trip overall, but ultimately she missed us and said that the next time she goes anywhere, we're going too. Whoo! That's right! I've been planning it all out, and I think for sure this coming summer we'll go to the Kansas City Zoo with Luke. By then he'll be into the animals and it's not so far a ride for him either. I guess we're just waiting on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment