Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Home Alone

Since this past weekend, we have been home alone, taking care of the chickens and ducks and such, while my mother went on a cruise to Panama with my granddad. So far it's been going pretty good. I wish it hadn't snowed so much, but the positive side is that Luke and I have had some quality time with Aldo and my sister.
Right before my mom left Luke started army crawling. I'm really happy she got to see that. I think he'll be all over the place by the time she gets back. I really miss her.

Some people say that they'd rather not live with their parents, or in-laws, after their married. Some think it would be awkward and/or there would be conflict in the household, etc. I absolutely love my mom. Sometimes I think that she's bossy and always ruins my plans when all I want to do is sleep in! But you really don't realize how much you miss a person until they are gone. I am blessed with such a beautiful, loving family. Aldo is amazing and understanding, and there has never been any conflict in our home. Eventually we'll get our own house, but for now I'll enjoy this time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment