Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Year of Promotion (Retold)

I wrote this post once and accidentally deleted it. I'll be brief....
I mentioned to someone a while back that I felt this year, 2017, is a year of promotion. Days later, and the next day after we got a bit of news, one of Aldo's co-workers unknowingly confirmed my belief by using the words verbatim, "Aldo, I just feel like this year is a year of promotion for you." Wow! Here's my list of reasons:
• We're in a new place. Physically. Aldo and I have our own space. Our family has its own space. And we're already looking at the next step: a home!
• Aldo could possibly get the job as Sales Manager at work. NFM is going through a major manager shift and Aldo fits the part. If this is true, we're looking at his position change in the next 3-4 months. And that adds another point to the list...
• Aldo's looking at going back to school. First to get a BA in Business. And then continue on the pathway to becoming a chiropractor and having his own business. US having OUR own business. Because he wants me to finish also. !! We're looking at scholarships and FASFA's now.
• Mila is sleeping in her own bed. (Half the night anyway. About 3:00 am, she's been waking up and I'll go get her out of the crib and lay her down next to me.) We're also working on weaning her. She's doing better. There are times when she'll ask for her bottle. And times when she'll be so cranky for a nap that I'll hold her down and that'll wear her out and she'll fall asleep without mama's leche. (I count it as a promotion.... it's a step forward....)
• And last, this is a big one... the "bit of news" we had just found out... Aldo and I were offered and have accepted the position at our church as Children's Church Directors. That makes us Pastors!!! Official Pastors!!! We were just getting used to the idea of Dr. Aldo. Can you imagine Pastor Aldo? Or Reverend Aldo? Haha! Crrrraaaazzzzyyyy! This has been the craziest year already, and we've only completed one month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment