Thursday, October 29, 2015

Yuck!

Oh my goodness!
Mila just spit up in my mouth!
I went in for a kiss and ... Woosh! Full stream of milk and slobber hit my lips. I don't know how much actually went in because I said "Blah! Ack! Phatooey!" And watched as she smiled her mischievous grin with the one dimple, and then I looked around for where the rest of the milk went. No worries. Just on her pink, bumpy blanket and my shirt.

Another 2-3 more years and I'll have clean shirts again.
Never a clean house though.
<sigh>

I will say this - once you have kids, things that were once disgusting (boogers, slobber, throw up, and other bodily fluids) are not as disgusting. At least not with your own kid. You have no problem, unless your absolutely a clean person with some kind of phobia, cleaning off the crumbs of food around your kid's mouth with your fingers and then licking them afterwards. (Hey, it was Oreo. Or... Hey, it was just steak and potatoes.)

Another gross thing... I might have mentioned this before... Babies don't smell like babies. Not like vanilla or lavender anyway. Not naturally. My little girl smells like she came out of a McDonalds Happy Meal. All oniony and covered in grease. It's disturbing when you go in for a second whiff. It like reside in her neck crease. And transfers to my bed sheets. Am I still considered a lady? Or have I taken it too far and I'm now grouped with the nasty, hobbit people? Please don't judge me. I wasn't always like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment