Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Halloween!

This year I didn't concentrate too much on Halloween. I'm more focused on saving for Christmas. Anyway, it was the greatest news when Luke found my old spider costume with the sequins on the belly and eyes and told me that's what he wanted to be for Halloween; less money I'll have to spend on a costume. I still had to re-attach the arms though, which kept coming undone at school and everywhere else we went. Luke was excited for his school party and parade, and I wanted to be there. So Aldo, Mila and myself went to his school and watched as each class marched around the playground black top, and then afterward Aldo and Mila got off easy sitting in the classroom rocking chair while I helped out with the ring toss around the witch hats. Luke is THE cutest kindergartener (but I could be biased...). Later we went to help Vero move into her new house, but nothing was packed so we just looked at it while the kids went to a trunk-or-treat. Here's some pictures that were captured from the day:
BES Halloween Parade

Luke w/ His Kindergarten Teacher, Mrs. Eder

Spider, Sonic & Samurai

The next day was actual Halloween. Aldo had to work, mom was out of town, it was just me and the kids. (Yep. "Kids". Plural. Still a bit weird. Although at this point I know I'd wake up thinking something was wrong if there wasn't a baby in the house.) I planned on watching Ember and Luke at the Fall Festival at church so Kari could do the face paints and Mila would stay with Danny at the house. It. Was. Cold. Thank goodness I didn't have Mila out and about. I originally wanted to dress her up as a ladybug, but time got away from me. I didn't have any plans until I changed her into this zebra-patterned onesie that I had taken out of a random donation bag. I put her in it because first off it was cute. And second, the pink pants that would keep her warm matched. Then about 20 minutes before we had to leave the house I thought, you know what, I wonder if I could make her into a zebra. A simple head piece with ears attached shouldn't be too hard. I looked up some zebra costume inspiration, got out the foam and yarn, and WAH-LA! The most diva zebra I ever did see. Took me 15 minutes and boy was she adorable. After the Fall Festival we went back to Danny and Kari's. They took the kids around their neighborhood while Mila and I watched the Royals play in the World Series. When it ended, I was exhausted and Aldo had finally shown up, and so we left for home and enjoyed the extra hour from daylight savings.

My Little Zebra
Mila's First Halloween

As for Mommy and Daddy's outfits, nothing beats our "Gangnam Style" routine. This year I was planning on being a scarecrow (and I'm telling this out of order too), but the teen costume party was cancelled and we ended up "celebrating" (I put quotations there because we didn't even get candy...) at the Gutz house and watching the Royals. I was one of three who really dressed up. (Sorry babe, your "I'm a mouse" outfit didn't take enough dressing up to be counted as dressing up.) I went as a chola. If you don't know what it is look it up, because I had a hard time committing to the role as well. But hey, we celebrated. Kudos for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment