Saturday, October 17, 2015

Hater Status

Tonight has been a rough night. I have to vent without passing my grumpiness off to anyone. Thank you blog for allowing me to do so.

1. The Royals are a big deal on Facebook. It's starting to irritate me. Okay, so I'm not like a huge fan of sports, but I wouldn't mind going to a game here or there. And, right now - and I know this is untrue - it feels like they're all rubbing it in. I'm salty. I admit it, jealousy has struck. I want to go out. I want to have some fun with my kids. I want to look amazing, wear the fan-wear, go all out… I want to do it. But I can't. Because...

2. We're broke. We have zero money for fun. We have bills is what we have. And my question is this -- how do these people have 2+ kids and are still able to live on their own, get nice things, and still go out and take off work. I don't get it. Are they swimming in debt? Can you get to that point? They must have rich family members or nice connections. We don't have connections. We're starting from scratch here. One day my children will know how it is to work for their money and live off of their means and better society and the economy. <sigh>
I looked at houses online. We can't afford it. We would have to buy a foreclosure. And even then, how do you get the money to put down? We have to have help somewhere.

3. I cooked tonight. I've been doing that lately so we save money on food. That seems to be where we're spending a lot of our money. So I've been cooking so that we have leftovers instead of eating out. I think it's helping. Anyway, I've been looking up recipes to extend my knowledge base and selections, and also I've been meal planning for two weeks ahead. That way I'm only going to the store for what I need and saving on multiple trips. Tonight I made pork chops and rice. It's terrible. Absolutely terrible. I think I was supposed to do something to the rice before putting it in the oven, but even soaking it for an hour in water would have been nasty. I can't cook rice for the life of me. The pork chops were a bust too. But I added them to some macaroni. Still saving money here. At least I didn't buy the rice so it wasn't a waste. And at least I didn't put all the pork chops in the pan. So I can test out another pork chop recipe and add it or cross it off the list. I wanted to say that the other night I also made another disgusting recipe (I think Aldo was just being nice when he said he liked it) that involved noodles and meatballs. I've learned that I'm just not buying anything frozen again. And I thought I was good at baking. Turns out I'm not.

So this post is a hater status because I just needed to vent, not pass on the negativity, and not get bombarded with "be grateful".

---

And now that I've taken that time, I will turn it around to something positive and thankful.

1. I'm grateful for… my husband and kids. They're perfect. My husband is entertaining and funny. My kids take after him (Luke definitely and I'm assuming Mila will too). We can sit on the couch and have a good time. We can sit on the couch and talk and have a better time. We wrestle, we play games, we take funny pictures and make silly videos (Aldo and Luke's "Bulletproof" production). I would rather spend time with my family then go alone to a game or Worlds of Fun or something like that. My family means the world to me. Thank you God for allowing me to be a part of their lives.

2. I'm grateful for… learning life lessons early in life so I haven't made too many mistakes as a grown-up. My guess is a lot of people buy things they can't afford and that's why the U.S. is in so much debt (we're a "I want it, and I want it now" society), but my parents and grandparents taught me to get a good education and work hard at your job, etc. We didn't get any hand-offs. (Except that my mom let me have her hand-me-down Jeep, and then I had to actually pay for the replacement Mercury, and then I borrowed the van…). I'm thankful we didn't get hand-offs. It would've been so much harder to learn what being an adult is all about. Taking responsibility. If you didn't know.
I'm also grateful for… living in the basement of my mom's house. It really is benefiting all parties involved.

3. I'm grateful for… a non-picky husband who is willing to taste my cooking. Improve my cooking. And not hold it against me when I mess up. He appreciates the fact that I try. And I'm grateful that I have learned a few new things that have been a success among the failures. I can make biscuits and gravy! I've been wanting to do that for the longest time!
Oh, and I'm grateful for… those spice packets. Whether it's chili powder, stroganoff, taco seasoning, or gravy mix… without them I'd have a lot more guess work going on. But instead I have more than a couple of flavorful meals under my belt.

Hater status turned Let's Get'R Done mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment