Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Other Side

Today I got to see how the other side of the birth story is. Maecy had baby Mateo early this morning at 2:44am (not 3:02 mom…). Yesterday I was on the edge of my seat ready to leave at a moment's notice. And I asked Maecy and Juan to keep me updated. They said they would let me know throughout the night. I didn't even get a picture. I got a text that said, "Baby Mateo is here!" and that's it. Mom got pictures. Friends got pictures. I got nothing. I was like --- Hey! I'm the sister! Annnnnd… Juan's family was there through the night! I didn't get to see him until around 10 o'clock. So lame.

I drove mom and granddad there, Mila with us. She had Mateo at Overland Park Regional (not a bad looking hospital, and the inside is very nice… might check into it for the next baby). I asked Mace the story; they didn't say much except that she was a 4 and then an 8 and then he was there. And it hurt. I want details!!! I guess not every person is like me. I like knowing what's going on. I like the intimate facts. It must just be my personality though, respectfully in everyone's business. I like the psychological. I realized that. I might make a good councilor someday.

So for the future I was thinking, maybe I will allow mom back in the room for the next baby. If there is one. That way she can see the pain I go through. And be able to tell people I'm exhausted, go away. And congratulate Aldo on how well he takes care of me. And keep everyone informed so Aldo can focus on baby time and me. I guess this time was a little different because we needed someone to watch Luke. Otherwise I think she would have been at the hospital, definitely earlier than what she made it. But my mind isn't settled on that. It can always change. And again, it's just me. So if they don't want all the details and if they don't want to be there, then I guess they don't have to be. 

On a more positive note… (that was kind of depressing)… here's some pictures of my handsome nephew - I will say this: I liked being pregnant at the same time as Maecy. Not a bad experience. Without further ado…

Mateo Sebastian Tarin
Born 10/15/2015 @ 2:44am
6lb. 12oz.

Proud Auntie Erryn

The Tarin Family

Proud Grammy
(Look at how Mila reacts to her kisses… :D hahaha!)


Announcing to their Neighbors


No comments:

Post a Comment