Saturday, October 10, 2015

TMI & TBH

We're 2 months old today!




So cutting to the chase.... Here's my "Too Much Information" statements:
  • Breastfeeding is so weird. Once you get passed the soreness stage, you're just nipping all day. Through sweaters even! And during odd times (your baby doesn't have to be awake or hungry for this to happen) you might suddenly get a tingling feeling like they're being pulled on. So weird! 
  •  How long do you bleed for after giving birth? With Luke I stopped pretty quickly up until I started taking birth control and then bled every single day. This time I haven't taken anything yet, and just earlier this week I stopped wearing the panty liners. Our bodies are so strange I tell you! And nobody warns you of these things.

And now "To Be Honest"... People weren't talking about post-partum while I was dealing with it and now that it's over and I would and am willing to speak out about it, everyone is. I'm not on some bandwagon speaking out about an issue, I actually went through it. Why does it come out now as an actual issue?

To be honest...  I could use some sleep. But Mila is doing great anyway.

To be honest... It's hard being at home all day. And with a baby at your hip 24/7. Seriously attached. She likes me best. (To be honest.) it's only hard though because I have to look for things to do that I can do with her. Like projects. Well I can't read much. I get tired of watching tv all day. I get stressed looking at all the cleaning around me. And I desperately want to get a fit body again.

To be honest... I'm 210 lbs. Daaaaang. I have the weirdest belly button, an overhanging excess of skin, and my belly is stretch mark city. I desperately want to exercise. But it is so hard with a two-month-old and I'm not making up excuses. I ran the other day (I had to wake up early to do it and I had to have Aldo to watch Mila and Mila had to be in a good mood) and I could only go half way running because I couldn't breath. That's not good. I'd like to walk but it takes more time. How convenient that winter is coming and the weather is getting colder. I would go to the YMCA except that I think 2 mo. is too young to leave a baby in a nursery with people you don't particularly know.

To be honest... I love being a mom. I think my favorite time is when they start talking because 1) you finally can ask what they want, but mostly 2) they have such sweet voices and 3) you get a better idea of their personalities. We're going to have our hands full with Mila. She's already "talking" by cooing and moving her hands.

To be honest... I'm least looking forward to teething. The other day she got her two-month-old shots. (By the way she weighs 11lbs. 4oz. and measures 22.25in.) She was cranky all day, her little chubby legs were so sensitive. I can only imagine teething. And she's already sucking and slobbering on my shoulder.

To be honest... (This is a Luke update) I have THE smartest kids. Aldo and I went to Luke's first parent-teacher conferences. As a kindergartner, the kids are expected to know some of their letters and hardly any of the sounds they make. Luke is reading Dr. Seuss. He's writing entries Ina journal with full sentences where other kids are labeling with a word here and there or putting down the first letter for the first sound. Luke is being put into the enriched group in English and Math. We had to ask are we pushing him too hard?... Is it too much that we're already having him count money?

No comments:

Post a Comment