Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Current Status

Aldo

Age 27, working at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas City, KS as a Floor Manager. Also currently running a Teen Bible Study series on the Holy Spirit. And those two things pretty much take up his time. I'm currently looking for a different job for him. Something 9 to 5, weekends off, still close by and maybe a pay grade up.

Myself

Age 27, working from home (still basement of my mom's house) on my laptop doing the monthly newsletter for the local library. They love me there and offered me a position. Actually they offer me my job back almost every time I go in. But this time they offered for me to bring Mila and work in back. They were serious. So I'm actually considering it. Aldo says the church leadership wants me to be the secretary (crazy right?!) but I haven't heard any official word on that.
On top of those things - what else does a stay-at-home-mom do? When I was "stay-at-home" with Luke, I wasn't really, because I taught homeschool at someone else's house. So I still had a "job". Now I have a whole lot of free time, but it's restricted. Because Mila is so spontaneous. A friend recommended I find a hobby. So as to not go insane here's what I came up with:
  • Take piano lessons. 
  • Plan a Eurotrip. Or s trip across all 50 states.
  • Listen to the Bible all the way through.
Piano lessons were inspired by Mila's long, beautiful piano fingers. Obviously I can't take lessons until she's able to take regular naps, but it's on my bucket list anyway. I've started research on Europe go-to places by watching documentaries (it's difficult reading books with s baby at home). Eventually, and yes it will take a while, I'll get a budget together, which will be our savings goal. Very long term. At least five years away. I guess I should mention saving for a house comes first, and before that paying off debt (thank you Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University), but for now it's on pause. And so far I've completed Genesis on my Bible listening.

Luke

Age 5, attending school at Basehor Elementary, Monday through Friday. He really likes it. Especially anything to do with library and reading (He's my child for sure). I hear from teachers that he's doing really well and seems as happy as can be. Today though he got off the bus crying. This little Violet girl is a nuisance - he told me the other day that she tattles on him and lies about him all the time. And then today she scratched him on the ankle and made him bleed at recess, then hit him on the bus twice. After questioning Luke intensively, I found out that he didn't initiate anything or antagonize, actually the opposite- he asked her politely to stop and that he didn't like when she hit him - it sounded like those "I Messages" we were taught in school when I was little to help with bullies. Did I mention how I have the sweetest kid?! On another note, I'd like to put Luke in sports or something. Maybe swimming lessons again. We'll see. Unfortunately until the bills are paid, we're penny pinching so extracurricular activities are hard to find.

Mila

Wakes up anywhere from 4-6 am. Falls back asleep until somewhere between 10-Noon.. And that's when we do "Tummy Time". We were taking naps together from 3-4 pm, but as of late I've been skipping out on that. And this week she's been waking up early and fussing when we pick up Luke. All the way until 6ish. That's rough. I've also been trying to take her off of formula and going solely breastmilk (succeeded the two days in a row), but yesterday and today at this fuss time the only thing that seems to make her happy is 2oz. of Enfamil. We'll get there. And the end of the night is guess work. Some days she's asleep by 10 and others by 3 o'clock in the morning. 
Current cuteness: She smiles at me. She laughs in her sleep. She tracks me across the room. And today we played the cooing copycat game. I love when her eyebrows furrow up. There was a lot of furrowing today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment