Saturday, January 23, 2010

19 Weeks

It's been a busy week and I'm glad things are finally slowing down. We went over to my mom's at some point. And made it official.. as soon as our lease is up at the apartment we're moving in with my mom. In the basement. I swear it's like a dungeon down there and the bathroom is the exact replica as the one on Psycho. But you know, save money.. be with family.. baby gets his/her own room.. sounds good to me.
Hung out with my sister yesterday while Aldo was at work. First all three of us played cards til he had to leave. Learned a new game: Nerds. Somehow I ended up winning quite a few turns... but I am by no means Queen of the Nerds. Then just us girls stuffed our faces with hamburgers and ICECREAM! Mine was called Chocolate Devotion. Yumm. Later, baby went nuts! Then we watched a movie that wasn't worth watching. The Invention of Lying. I would rate it as lame. Because one day there will be a need for a movie critic... and I will be there to take over.

It was really nice hanging out with her. Probably the person I most missed when I moved out. :( Now she texts me. And usually it's about clothes or boys, which is really funny. Lately she's been talking about courtwarming and her "date" to the dance. She liked him for about a week and now she is just plain out annoyed. (teehee... I remember those days.) Everything's going to work out though because mom won't let her go to the dance with a boy anyway and is seriously debating letting her go at all. Moms... <roll eyes>. So last night she asked me if she thought mom would let her go to a friend's house today. (Earlier mom said to influence my sis into helping her clean the house.) I said.. forget about it. As of now, Mom's not letting you go to the dance, even without a date. Tomorrow, first thing I would do is clean your room (Here is where she starts to argue that her room is clean. I hush that nonsense up by asking where the stacks of clothes on her bed are going when she tries to sleep.), then finish the dishes, take out the trash, start some laundry... those are easy jobs. Keep going and don't mention anything to mom until you run out of things to do. And when you do that... say, mom I did this and this.. and is there anything else that you were wanting done? She wasn't too happy with what I said, but turns out it worked. I got a text this morning from mom saying the house looks wonderful and then asked what I said to make her do that.

And today... I've been working all morning and Aldo has the car. So again I will be hanging out with my sister and mom. Hopefully the house is fully cleaned by the time I get there. And hopefully they have some type of edible food. The house wreaks of old meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment