Saturday, January 16, 2010

18 Weeks

I'm anticipating the day I find out if my baby is a boy or a girl. January 28th please hurry up!
I'll tell you how it started... well, the first test I took was negative. Later I told Aldo (my hubs) what I did and asked what would he have done if it were positive. He always gives me the best answers. And I asked what he would name it if it were a girl. The first one he said was PERFECT! The rest were ok, but didn't compare. When we tried to come up with boys names. Zilch. Not even a good idea. Which is one reason I hope this baby is a girl.

girl After a week I still hadn't started a thing. Took another test and guess what... positive! I surprised Aldo at work. He kept wanting to yell out that he was gonna be a daddy, but I told him not to. So he called up his best friend on the way home. Next week we were at the doctor getting confirmation and everything.
About a week later is when the nausea started. It was soooo bad. I could not eat. I was probably driving him crazy. We would go through each aisle of the grocery store looking for stuff that I may feel like eating at some point and then later, I wouldn't feel like it. Or I'd ask him to make something and after smelling it cook for so long, my stomach just couldn't bear it. I lived for 3 months on Cup of Noodles. I'd also get sick in the car. That's when I realized Why didn't my mom ever say anything about this when warning me about reproducing??? This would've scared me ten times more than.. "You'll never have time to yourself ever again..." etc. That's right. When my kids get older I promise to tell them their going to be woozy and wish they could eat cottage cheese and brussel sprouts for the rest of their lives rather than going through this horror!!! That should freak them out.
Diaper
Well, no longer feeling that way. People say my tummy popped. Whatever. I think it's just fatty. And I'm guessing that those gas bubbles I feel every once in a while are movements. Not too sure. We'll see as this progresses. A special shout out to all those that had it worse than me. I feel for you. I can take the pain, but the sick feeling is not my thing.

P.S. I deeply want a Fanta. A Diet Coke. And a Frappacino!

No comments:

Post a Comment