Saturday, January 16, 2010

18 Weeks - Car Venting

So two days ago I got the car stuck in my mom's driveway. My husband had to basically lift the back end and push it out by himself with me inside. Later that day, my steering wheel wouldn't turn because we found out I was low on power steering fluid. Easy fix right?
Yesterday, I got the car stuck in my mom's driveway again. There's 3 ways to get out from my parking space... 1. Back up past the turn-about and then go forward through the turn-about (however it is entirely ice and it falls on a hill, which is filled with 4-5 inches of snow) 2. Back into the turn-about and go out the way you came (the way we got stuck the first time) 3. Back up past the turn-about to the V-shape, which is a sharper turn but not as bad because it's not covered in snow (the way we got stuck the second time).
We were stuck for one and a half hours. As I was going to get the shovel and some cardboard to put under the tires, I noticed a huge puddle in my parking spot. Power steering leak. The shovel didn't help, the cardboard didn't help. Rocking the car back and forth didn't help. Luckily, a friend of the family was nearby and pulled us out (right back to where we started in my parking spot) with his truck.
Turns out there's a 4th option. Back all the way out. And don't get stuck doing it. Went to the gas station and checked the leak. As we were pooring fluid in, it was going straight through onto the ground. Took it to the mechanic... and it's not a simple hose loose at the top... no, it's something deep into the vehicle.

Point of the story.... we had two wonderful, working cars before Christmas. Afterward, my husband's engine went out. Pointless to get a new one because his is so old so we sold it for it's parts. Now mine is out of commission. We have absolutely no way to get anywhere until mine is fixed. :(
I'm soo frustrated! I just want to take a bat to it and make it work again. Obviously that won't help... but it would sure make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment