Monday, December 7, 2015

Poodles

You know... Whenever I'm driving around, or in the shower, or have a moment to think freely (meaning I'm not putting together a subconscious check-list or to-dos, etc.), I think of blog titles. That and funny Facebook posts (that I never add because someone will take them the wrong way). So "Poodles". Why? Because I always thought they were a sassy dog. It might be because that's how they're portrayed... In movies wearing the big, pink bows and speaking in Parisian accents. Foo-fooey. So Mila got this hot pink stuffed poodle for her dedication - we call her Fifi. It's one of her favorites. I don't know why - I never liked poodles. It could be the curly hair on the top of her head. Or that she is an ELECTRIC PINK. Or that I make kissy sounds for her. But Mila loves her. And I never wanted poodle anything. They're just not my style. So when we were given bags upon bags of baby clothes, I didn't really want to keep the poodle-y onesies, or even the ballerina onesies. But I did. Because they fit and they were warm. One day I was explaining how Mila loves her doggie princess when Dad mentioned he used to have poodles. What?! How did I not know this?! Apparently my dad had poodles when he was younger. I then realized - I don't know a lot of things. I can't tell you my dad's job description. I can tell you that my grandpa is a first generation American, but I can't tell you where his parents immigrated from. I can tell you that one of my family members drove into a cow, but I can't tell you who. I can tell you about my Granddad falling in love with a snot-nosed (literally) little girl next door, which happened to be my Grammy. But I realize that there are a lot of stories I just don't know. And that's what I would like to keep track of in these blog books. Something to pass on to the generations. Right now I guess it just looks like I'm passing on crazy genes, but maybe a story or two will make it on a page.

Ballerina Mila

Now for the update:

Mila is exploring her facial expressions. Right now we are developing "The Pout". The other day Aldo coughed and she cried bloody murder. For a cough! It looked like someone pinched  her finger in the clippers type of crying. Broken heart crying. It was just pitiful. So Momma flew in to the rescue. And afterwards, she donned "the pout". It's a cross between a model pout and an upset face pout. Her bottom lip sticks out and the top one disappears. Lately she hasn't smiled, or talked, or furrowed her eyebrows, or anything like that to anyone who has held her. It's an indifferent look. The Pout. You know, it would be my child that would develop this facial expression. That and the "Eye Roll". Anyway, she  also has found her tongue. I can't really explain it, I have no idea what she's trying to do. It looks like she's making s fish face and then sticks out her tongue and sucks it back in, like she's tasting an itch on her lips. Weirdo. Must be inherited from Daddy.

Went to the doctor last week. We've actually been in and out of the doctor with ear infections, but this one was just the 4-month check-up. We can begin feeding her baby cereal. Start off soupy by adding breastmilk and slowly make it like the oatmeal we know. I don't remember this milestone with Luke. I just remember giving him peaches right away. Oops.

She's rolled over 5 times.

Mom watched her and Luke last night while Aldo and I went to his Christmas party for work. From what mom said, it sounded like Mila was good up until she realized I wasn't there. And then cried for the remaining time of the 3 total hours. There was no consoling her. And it was kind of funny when I came home... I took her into my arms and shushed her for a few seconds, and then plopped her on my bed where she was absolutely fine. Cooing like nothing happened.
... She's attached. I've known this, but now they see how attached she is. Now they see why it's so hard for me to go anywhere or get things done at home. She is a Momma's Girl. And I am the lucky Momma. For real, lucky Momma because I can't imagine her not being her. My beautiful Mila.

Oh! And the sleeping schedule that I didn't know when I went in for the last check up. Mila goes to sleep around 10-11:00. She sleep til about 8:00 (waking up briefly 1-3 times throughout the night). So that's a 9-10 hour sleep. She is awake for good at 10:00 am. We play, we shower, we do Tummy Time. We do the basic eat and get changed. This is her really awake time. She'll fall asleep somewhere in there but not for long. So I play with her more until she wears out. And from 2-4:00 pm she's sleeping again. When Luke gets home she's awake. I'd want to be awake for brother too. He's so interesting. She sleeps one more time for a short period around 8ish. I think her longest sleeping period during the day is about 2 hours at a time.

No updates for Luke or us, except that we're going through Financial Peace again. It's like we missed all the major things from the first class. So we're on a new budget trying to pay off this silly medical debt and car loan, trying to save for the future. We're thinking of you kids! Always thinking of you. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment