Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hello 2016!

Farewell 2015. You were a hard year. I was pregnant for most of it. And although pregnancy is fun, I still can't get around the fact that I had surgery during that time. Also the smell of the living room was unbearable. At times I have hints of the smell and I'm reminded of how much my stomach cringed and how I wanted to puke. I can't believe I taught at the homeschool. What did I learn from that experience? Man, that was rough some days. When there were fits and I had to take away game time or TV time, when I had to run around the yard playing some sort of tag... Always tag...., when all I wanted to do was sleep in or even crawl over to Miss Pat's couch during break time and just take a nap. I didn't mean to zonk out those last five minutes during Paw Patrol, but I was so tired!!! I can't believe the church camp we had this year. Nuts! I mean... There's really no talking about it because I think we're still questioning "What happened?" And, did we do something wrong??? Weird year 2015. But - I have a baby girl. She is beautiful. She is remarkable. She's my daughter. She brings this family joy and more. Let's see what happens this next year - hello 2016! It took ya long enough.
Here's to the constant changing and maturing of my mind, the success we have after a tough battle and the grace God gives us to make it through, and to living purposefully. I expect so much out of 2016... Really I do. Because it's good to have goals, and expectations... (Is this cheesy, having a New Years Resolution?)...
  1. I expect to read again. And to pray again. I, in my heart of hearts, believe I am quick to turn to God. And I always want to. In my feelings I know that I'm lost without Him, so I'm eager to read and to pray, to hear His voice in the stillness, and to make a difference. This next year, my guess is, will be slightly easier because Mila will be on a schedule (taking naps, etc.) and will be able to entertain herself for a bit longer OR at least I'll know how to manage my time.
  2. I expect that we'll have a better time saving and spending, and more fun hanging out with others because we won't be worried about the money being within budget. This past month we watched Financial Peace again. I realized, it's almost as if we missed the main points the first time around, including the bit on SAVING. How'd that happen?! Somehow all my attention was focused on making the budget and sticking to the budget. And in the middle of all the paperwork I forgot to put "savings" in the budget. First. Duhhhhhh.... So, all in all, spending in cash, getting rid of debt, and saving! Taking command and managing this money like a boss.
  3. And, I know sometimes it appears "boring", but I expect to have goals again. Lists. A schedule. A focus. An organized life. Starting with the home - cooking, cleaning, budgets... And moving to outside of the home - future planning (furniture and vacation), fun family dates or crafts, planning to be social more. I believe an organized life is Biblical. So what if I like lists.
Today we'll be spending New Years Eve in. Just us. Ahhhh... Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with friends, but there really is "no place like home." And we have a fantastic one.

----

Some updates:
- We had a going away party last night for Mitzy. She's moving to Tennessee.
- Selene and Justin are pregnant. We found out at Thanksgiving.
- Maecy and Juan plan on moving in when their lease is up (in August).
- Mom's making her plans for her tiny one-room house, but in the meantime re-doing the back room.

Some thoughts:
- New mothers never have clean shoulders. Best to wear a sweater or scarf for cover.
- Will Mila be a hairstylist? Or like her hair played with? She sure likes grabbing mine. On the neck.
- I miss Mila's hair doing this small stick-up wave. It is sad when it lays down.
- Feet are curious things. Mila's especially. She likes to grab them now.
- And I like when, while she's nursing, she scrunches up her leg and places her foot on me. It's cute.
- Luke is Mila's hero. She thinks he's funny and only looks when HE says her name.
- Questions... When do babies start sitting up? Am I supposed to prop her or train her in a bumbo seat or something? You can help her now. Change positions to strengthen her muscles. Mila sticks her tongue to the inside of her bottom lip funny, is she teething? Is something wrong with that skin in the inside of her mouth? Is she just weird? What if she's not interested in the baby food that I give her? Do breastfed babies have a harder time learning how to eat from a spoon? By 6 months, baby could be ready for food. So don't worry if she's not doing it now - she's early. Drooling, chewing on everything, irritability, trouble sleeping, grabbing ears, and bulging gums are all signs of an incoming tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment