Thursday, December 17, 2015

Through the Camera Lens

Luke is about to get his first Christmas letter from the North Pole.

The other day - and I've thought about this a lot lately - I was thinking about when I'm recording things on my phone, or when I'm taking pictures... Sure, I've captured the moment, but did I get to experience the moment to its fullest potential, because I was taking the picture/video... Do I want to experience life through a lens or do I want to just experience life? Do I want to worry about lighting and angle and how weird I sound in the background, or do I just want to make a lasting memory? And it be one of those things I hold onto and share with just the other person(s) involved, and sometimes (because our memories aren't so good), the memory changes and evolves. "One year it snowed and I also walked to school" becomes "in my day I walked to and from school in five feet of snow up hill both ways..." That's obviously not true and an exaggeration. But my point is this.... Do I record this moment of Luke opening his card? And share it? Or is this one I keep for myself? I am his mother after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment