Monday, December 14, 2015

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Minus the snow that is. Luke and I finally finished decorating the duct-taped Christmas tree we've had for forever. My M&M lights still around it. Luke made a sparkly pine cone somewhere and wanted it to be at the top where a star or angel would go... We don't have either one of those so the pine cone was fine with me. We decided we wanted a delicious tree after making our gingerbread house at the library, so Luke strategically placed candy canes around the tree (a big patch in front, not any on the bottom row or on the sides or backside) and today we strung popcorn (a measily string of popcorn because Mommy kept poking herself with the sewing needle, Mila was crying, and Luke wanted a snack). Poor tree is pitiful this year. Last year I think something happened and so there's red duct tape keeping it together, but it leans to the side. All things considered, I think we're anything but Scrooge's and Grinch's this year. So excited for family to open their gifts. From me... From Santa... The real one. (Luke told me no pictures at Cabela's this year... He's not the real Santa. So we wrote a letter to the real one and slipped it in the library's North Pole Express Mail. Luke's been good "300 days and wants a 'chransformer', Mila was good 3 days and wants a golden dress and a 'dipr'." We're waiting on our reply. But I do know Luke got an Optimus Prime and Mila got her diaper... Along with some other things.) I look forward to Christmas. There's nothing like planning out a really awesome gift or tying them together with some sort of theme. Tomorrow we'll be finishing off our shopping list. I'm excited. Have I said that enough? I'm excited! Somehow, it always works out, that we get to spend a little extra at this time of year and spoil each other. This time it's because I got a check back from Luke's ex-doctor because I overpaid for a bill in 2013. Seriously? Awesome!!
Yesterday Luke was in his first Christmas play. His part was one of the kids in the classroom. He had a few lines he shared with the other kids... "FRANKENSTEIN?!".... No. Frankincense. And he also sang "Joy to the World" in the microphone. The rest of the time he kind of stood there moving his lips and didn't do the movements too big. I think he got a little stage fright. But I was proud of him.

 
Daddy & Son Gingerbread House

Christmas Play @ CenterPointe (with friend, Ember Cubbage)

Today Mila is officially 18 weeks old. Doesn't sound like much, but I looked it up and there are a lot of big achievements in four months.
- She rolled over. I mean really rolled. One minute I had her on the blanket on her back, and the next minute she was in Luke's stuff a couple feet over. So now she can go from back to front (which she's been doing) and front to back, mostly in one direction though. I'll have to test that out.
- She recognizes Grammy's face, and Luke's face, and now (finally!) Daddy's face. She actually smiled at Daddy tonight. Outside I didn't make a big deal, but inside I was ecstatic! Finally! Finally! Finally! Is she a Daddy's girl? I know it would mean the world to him. And melt his heart. 
- Here's something I just read:
At this age, your baby is sleeping less, and she's awake for longer periods of the day. She's anxious to learn about her world and family, and she may not always be interested in your choice of game. If she turns her head and looks away, she's declaring she's ready to move on to something else. At only 11 weeks, she's got ideas of her own!
That's Mila for sure! Never wants to nap. Wants held, wants a toy, wants my food, wants to sit, wants my drink, wants to sit further, wants to play with her feet, wants her diaper changed after piddle... *sigh* ... Girl just knows what she wants.
- I also read that she now understands that when I'm talking I'm speaking in syllables. Whoa, right?! And so the process of learning the language and sounds, constants and vowels begins.
- She ate some cereal. Did alright. She's more impressed with the flavor of lemonade, and refried beans, and Panera's broccoli cheddar soup. A tooth isn't too far off, but I haven't seen any signs of one yet.

More to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment