Friday, November 13, 2015

Babies, Babies, Everywhere!

3 Months, 3 Days

Since the last time I wrote we've had our first ever professional (?) family portraits taken, babies dedicated, and another baby born. Busy. Busy.
I was given the portrait pack back when we were doing the baskets for camp. Another person won but gave me the session for newborn pics of Mila. I was saving them because I thought we would get photos from the hospital (but the photographer never came to our room...) and that Maecy could use them for Mateo because I didn't think she could afford newborn pics (I don't know about affordability but she got some pretty cute photos of Mateo). So I changed it to a family session. And the lady kindly allowed Maecy to include her family, as well as newborn pictures, and add in a big one of both families, and mom.. And then mom invited granddad. One thing leads to another. Unfortunately I didn't think of Daylight Savings and so it got darker earlier and we didn't get outdoor leafy photos. Bummer.

On Novemeber 8, 2015, Mila was dedicated at Centerpointe Community Church. Then Mateo was dedicated. The family that came were: my dad, Aldo's mom, Veronica and the boys, J and some of the kids, Jerad and the kids, Granddad and my mom. And obviously me, Aldo, Luke, Mila and Maecy and Mateo. Afterward we all went out to Applebee's and then we relaxed at home because Aldo took off the Sunday. The biggest moment of the day was when Luke prayed over Mateo. So not planned but those are the best - Aldo and I were named Mateo's prayer partners and I guess Luke assumed he was one too. He grabbed the mic, and was completely natural when he said this prayer -
"Lord I thank you for this day. And I pray at Mateo grows up like my baby grows up, I pray at he gives honor to you, and at he doesn't cry all the time. Amen." Pastor Joe said it was the best one he ever heard. Wow! Blew me away. Man we got blessed with an awesome kid!

And then on November 10th, Stacia's baby boy Jax was born. We went up to visit the next day. Boy was huge!!! And both Mila and Mateo had dark brown hair when they were born, this one has goldish, reddish - so he looks bald and red. But I'm so happy for Stacia anyway. This is her boy! I'll probably visit her sometime in the next week or so, I just don't know when.

Photo Session Selfie

  
Mila Rose Alvidrez - Baby Dedication

Baby Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment