Wednesday, April 14, 2010

30 Weeks, 4 Days

A deer practically jumped over my car on the way to work today!!! It was insane. And it didn't freak me out much either. But afterwards, I was just like.. wow. Timing is pretty much everything. We were on our way to work and running a little bit late. Then my dad calls with info about taxes. (It's the 14th and I still haven't done much with them.) So I'm talking on the phone with him and then Aldo jumps out, I throw the phone across the car and race around to the other side (there's a line of cars behind us), and get back on the phone with dad. He lets me go because he's one of those parents that don't like their kid talking on the Photo0076
phone while driving. Love him. Anyway, so I'm driving along and I hear this whistling. We JUST got our car fixed like a day ago, so it should not be making any sounds. The passenger door was open. So I'm in a pack of traffic, I can't really stop unless I pull over in a turn lane or something. And I'm only going 50, but ahead the speed limit changes to 65. I'm like... that's not happening, So I pull over and shut the door and then not a minute later, I see this big dog out of the side of my eye and he's like furious and coming after my car!!! But then when I look in the rear-view mirror... oh no, it's a deer. And it's just leap-leaping across the freeway. !!!!!!!!!!!! I was more worried about the huge truck behind me, than I was about myself a second ago. End of story... The deer lived. The shock factor I think, was that it was in the middle of the day and in a line of cars. :( I feel so sad that we take their habitat.
Moving on...
Yesterday we went to the hospital to register and sign up for baby classes. Woo woo! And today I watched Aldo play football with his boys. He wears bright red sweats and a bright red shirt every time. They call him the "Red Giant". I think he scored 2 touchdowns that I saw. He claims he scored the winning touchdown of the first game and then he got hurt and that's why he played bad when I saw him.

No comments:

Post a Comment