Monday, April 5, 2010

29 Weeks, 2 Days

I went to the doctor today and got my results for my blood test: I do not have gestational diabetes.
Other baby things going on... well.. I feel like my hips are splitting in half most days. I've also been getting charlie horses I guess (I'd call them cramps in my legs and feet) from rolling onto my back while I'm asleep. Doctor says I should surround myself with pillows so I roll over onto those, or so they stop me. I already do that though. Doesn't much help apparently.. And he just moves around a whole lot.
A usual check up goes like this:
  • check my weight gain - so far I'm at 16lbs., which is actually below what the average is.. but she said that's ok because not all body types are the same. and overall she expects a gain of around 25lbs. Gosh I have a lot to go!)
  • check my blood pressure - this is how they decided my cramping wasn't to worry about
  • potty test - I have not yet mastered this. Every single time I have a new story for Aldo. 
  • ultrasound - they check the baby's heartbeat and measure me (I am at 29 right now. Whatever that means. But she says it's good.)
  • discussion with doctor
Now, I will be visiting every 2 weeks. Oh my gosh, it's going by soo fast!! :(
Other news... I hung out with my mom, sister, and granddad over the weekend. We ran errands, but among them went to an apartment where the inhabitants left their junk, including brand-new baby gear! I found a changing table that I'm going to paint and a potty-training thing that I won't really need til later. So now I'm really into getting the nursery room together. I'm going to pick out a theme and colors.

And last, yesterday was Easter. Church was packed. I put together cute little chocolate bunnies and eggs for everyone, but they melted in the car. So then they were deformed chocolate lumps. Then we went to Aldo's family's house and cooked some burgers out on the grill. I love this weather! It's so perfect. I ate three, but it felt like I ate all 29.
More to come,

2 comments:

  1. Reading about your pain makes me not want to ever be pregnant. LOL! Charlie horses are the worst! Did you eat 3 burgers or 3 chocolate bunnies?!?!

    ReplyDelete