Monday, July 20, 2015

Near the End

About 38 Weeks

Almost there....! I'm having weekly appointments now so I just wanted to update on how I'm feeling near the end and what's to be expected. I weigh 230 lbs. (I was paying attention today.) I thought I weighed like 250 or something, and was reeeeeally overweight - terrible, yet delicious chocolate that tastes so good... - but I don't! Yay! I was fully planning on breastfeeding and wrapping (whatever that is) and exercising. I'll still workout and breastfeed but now I don't have to go all crazy.
My blood pressure is awesome.
I'm dilated to .5 cm. Same as last week. Doc expected I'd be further along than that this week, but I'm not. She was going to plan with me a date to induce, but my cervix just isn't ready. For the sake of health, I told her let's wait until next Monday and check again. Maybe I'll go before then, maybe I won't. Monday is the 27th of July and that was my estimate... Either way, plans are to go in for my appointment on Monday. She may decide to induce on Thursday, July 30th if I'm further along. If not, then the latest she'll let me go is August 10th, four days past my due date.

Again this pregnancy is totally crazy different from Luke. With him I was walking around at 4 cm for like two weeks. Went in to be induced in the morning, everything was so smooth, got an epidural at 5 or 6 cm I think, and had a baby by 4pm. This time around... my bag isn't even packed yet. I'm finishing that today. I'm waiting on the car seat cover to come in the mail. Washed Mila's clothes and bassinet bedding, but it still needs to be assembled and her area secure. Maybe it's a good thing she isn't ready to come yet.

Just to be clear, nothing I've said so far is "bad news", but if there was "good news" this would be it - I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not swelling, not having painful contractions, not having horrible cramps, not having locked knees, not badly constipated, etc. Not stressed either, thank goodness. The other day (it was the morning after my dad took me on a shopping spree) I was getting cereal and looked over at the rocker/bouncer. I imagined Luke would be at school and it was lunchtime so I was putting a baby girl gently down for a nap so I could cook and wash dishes. Total daydream... I hate washing dishes. But afterward I was so relaxed and felt completely comfortable and ready to have a baby. This is the second time I've felt "ready". So I'm not stressed right now... I know I can do it. We all can do it. We have a plan in place. Luke asks daily if Mila is coming today. It's the sweetest.
So it's a patient yet anxious waiting game. The not knowing is kind of fun. Is my water going to break? Will I go from a .5 to measuring 7 in an hour? Will we be running around to pack toothbrushes and the rest off our checklist? Will Luke have to ride to the hospital with us or will someone be around to take him? Will she fit in the clothes I picked out for her picture? Will she only be 6 lbs.? It's exciting. And it's less than 2 weeks away!

So for this week or so I must endure the waiting. I must endure the inability to bend over like a pretzel. (I can, however, still shave my legs which I am extremely proud of.) I must endure rolling over in bed to switch sides so my arms don't hurt in the morning. I'll get through the stomach and insides being cramped and causing acid reflux because of the Tums sitting next to my bed. I actually enjoy the random naps I'm taking during the day and falling asleep around 10:30pm, shortly after we start a TV episode, although Aldo might not enjoy it. I'll endure the inability to zip up my pants. And I'll endure the waddling (if there is any... Because I can't tell). To me, two weeks seems like two days. The next post will either be a Monday doctor update or a birth announcement. I'm over the moon right now. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment