Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Like Never Before

36 Weeks

Well, we're back from camp. Haven't found a groove yet, but I don't think we will. Ever since we took look to Jurassic World we've all been staying up till 11:00 or 12:00 at night, waking up late (except Aldo when he works), and myself taking 5-minute naps randomly throughout the day. My body is exhausted. And a few days ago, my mind was panicking - we're in the last month (THE LAST STRETCH)  and the house isn't ready... We don't have a bed, we don't have diapers, we don't have a "legal" car seat, we don't even have a wardrobe.... We are so not prepared.

Maybe it's "nesting", I'm not sure, but since then I've slowly been cleaning the house. There's not much I can do - it's difficult to bend down with the belly in the way. And also the fact that my shared baby shower with my sister is coming up this Sunday has calmed me down a bit. Yesterday Aldo put the bassinet together - now I just need to make space. I went through our hope chest last night and grabbed a lot of baby things to pass on to Maecy. Today I am cleaning out the changing table which is full of crib sheets and blankets to also pass on, I'll find the rest of the baby stuff I need (that I might already have around the house somewhere), put the changing table back together, and hopefully Get some baby shower stuff done.

This has not been the most relaxing pregnancy. Let's just review for a second: we didn't think we were going to have any more and I was getting infections from trying, a Christmas reveal, sickness sickness sickness/nausea all day, camp thinking, cyst surgery, Luke has pneumonia, camp itself (oh, and it was stressful... So much attack internally, I don't think we still can understand what happened), sickness again, baby shower.... Baby is here. Can you believe that working 9-5 was less stressful than being at home? So much more consistent.

Anyway, I really just wanted to update on some funny/not-so-funny changes that my body's been having lately. And it comes back to - I never experienced this before... Well, that's why they say every pregnancy is different right? This first one is actually a no-brainer. The second day on the Mountain for camp, I woke up to my feet and ankles so swollen. I hadn't even walked anywhere yet, let alone up the mountain. I assumed it must have been all the walking the day before, but for the rest of the time, they never went down. Freakishly fat feet! (Side note: baptism felt great! I could've stayed in that pool forever just for the weightlessness and lack of pressure, but I got hungry.) Second, sometimes I think she has dropped a little, even as I walk. I'll go to the bathroom, and then do something (usually I'm walking through Walmart) and all of a sudden it's like her head dropped on my bladder and I'm waddling and feel like I have to go to the bathroom again! Three is the emotions, but we already know those are out of whack. Anxiety is at an all time high. Four, acid reflux. Aldo said with Luke I had heart burn, but I don't remember it. I remember asking the doctor about something and the old midwives' tale was that my baby had hair. Happened to come out true. But it wasn't to the point that I had to take Tums and was waking up at 3am almost puking. (Second side note: PREGNANCY IS SO WEIRD!!!) Last, and most recent, my knees lock up in the middle of the night, sometimes morning. Today it was painful and hard to get it to go away. It's a given that it's associated with pregnancy, so I looked it up. Because I'm carrying all this weight, and from hormones making my ligaments stretchy, my joints are likely to hurt.
Pregnant people don't ever catch a break do they? I feel like we have every symptom under the sun. No wonder people think we're hypochondriacs and liars and whiners and emotional and pansies. How about I beat up your body for 9 months straight, inside and out, and let's see how you feel...
You're welcome for the rant.

And so, I'll end with this - Aldo bought me a new phone for my "push present". It's amazing. I can't wait to take a zillion pictures of baby girl noses and feet, milk mustaches and hair bows, sleepy eyes and sideways smiles in her sleep. You can count on it. AND, I finally got my mom to take the pictures I wanted. Didn't turn out as I thought, but I'm happy with them.


My Favorite



It's a Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment