Monday, July 13, 2015

Double Baby Shower

Maecy and I had our "Double Baby Shower" yesterday. Wore me out! But, hey, it was a success.
Decorations were supposed to be mint and peach, but it kind of switched to mint/lime/aqua/greens and peach/oranges/pinks. There was an 80th birthday party at the church the day before, and they left up their decorations, so we kept them. Pink and lime hanging puffy balls with tulle-covered balloons - so cute. And it was a huge help because I did not want to hang all those puffy balls we made. We used ours on the present table instead. Mom made these cute letters for Mila and Mateo in our colors that also went on the present table.

Mila & Mateo's Gift Table

Decorations Achieved :)

All the circular tables were covered with green or pink table cloths and had a diaper centerpiece I made. Surprisingly those weren't difficult to make. It was the puff balls I didn't enjoy doing. Anyway, the centerpieces had hand-picked fabric on them (by yours truly) tied into bows. And on top were bath time animals that I let Maecy keep afterward. Mom put down Easter grass. (Could've done without, but it was still ok.) And we also put M&Ms in mason jars with curled ribbon and candles Mom had bought. Sometimes she goes above and beyond. 

I absolutely loved the food table though. Both our colors mixed on each side. Fruit tray, veggie tray, cupcakes by Erica, and meatballs by Ruby (which I didn't get to try). For drinks we had mint-colored sherbet punch and lime/grapefruit infused water.

Seriously the Best Cupcakes Ever!

We started off with Maecy's party. She had more guests than I expected. Quite a few people from church, some of Juan's family, our family, friends, etc. She wanted an Alphabet Book that guests would choose a letter and draw in, so that took up some of the beginning portion. Then Maecy went right to presents. I really wanted to buy her a rocker or bouncer for the baby OR a pack-n-play, both being really expensive. But Dad ended up going in half with us, so we bought her the pack-n-play that she really wanted. After she opened presents (and during) more people showed up for both of us or for just me… that was the weird part. So we switched to breaking out the food and playing games. 

I planned out two games - "Mateo's First Portrait" where guests draw their best impression of baby on a plate that is on their head and Maecy chooses the winner. The other was supposed to be a version of "Name That Tune" but it didn't work out. So last minute we had switched it to a "Nursery Rhyme Fill-in-the-Blank". Honestly I thought the library ladies would win that one, but they didn't. Miss C's table did, which had all younger girls and Kari. I'm impressed. Prizes I picked out were swaddle blankets (the good kind) and nursery rhyme books. I know… clever, right?

Baby Shower Fun & Games
I heard that the guys were elated because they had never been invited to a baby shower before.
Glad they could join in the honored celebration.


After games, it was my turn to open gifts. I was tired by then, so honestly I just tried to get it over with and get people home as fast as I could. Got a ton of clothes, some that probably won't even fit her. The cutest story was that Ember picked out an outfit just for Mila all by herself. When I pulled it out, it looked like doll clothes, they were so small! After looking at the tag, she had picked premie. But she was deadset on the outfit. Kari said that they couldn't find it in any other size. 

I let Luke open his big brother gift in the middle because he looked like he was slowing down a little. He had been such a big help delivering presents over to Maecy and then to me, and getting the other kids in on it too… Mr. Bossy. I picked out a swimming pool, some animal water shooters, and water balloons for him. I thought it was a good idea for these hot months, and something to get him away from the TV and also, something active. Not just wrestlers. He also got a big brother present from the library. How sweet are they?! Minion glasses and a Jurassic World book.

It was fun while we had it, but I was glad when it was over. 
Pros - I wasn't the entire center of attention. 
Cons - It felt like everything lasted too long. 
Next time, I'm not throwing the baby shower while pregnant. #notetoself
So, Mila… Mateo… We're ready for you now!!!

The "Must Take" Picture

Way to Go, Mama (Can you say "pregnancy brain"?)

Take #2

<3 My Fave <3

No comments:

Post a Comment