Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Pregnant Mama's Brain

19 Weeks, 5 Days (Only 142 More Days To Go)

Every time I write something, I think … Is this TMI (too much information)? So I apologize if anything makes you blush - chances are that if you are, I was too in writing it. Don't worry though, I'm not planning on writing anything awkward at this moment.


Recently I have realized that pregnancy brain has been a pretty big deal this time around. Just the other day I forgot what year it was. Is it 2014 or 2015? … It's 2015. It has been for three months. There have been worse cases, I just can't think of any. Ha! I can't keep our plans straight (and we have a lot of plans what with me teaching and doing the library newsletter, Luke starting kindergarten, an up-coming and necessary family trip, church meetings and camp, not to mention my pre-natal appointments, etc.), so sticky-notes and that convenient little notebook phone app have become my closest friends. There are a lot of things in the works right now; it's kind of like that "calm before the storm", although in this case the storm really isn't that bad - it's just a bunch of scheduled things I need to be prepared for.

Mainly I've been anxious about naming the baby and re-arranging the room. And these aren't even a current MUST DO. It's just that I heard that the second trimester is when pregnant mamas have the most energy, so I'd like to get furniture moved and get the house clean now before I'm too big and can't bend over, or before I'm too tired. Except it all seems to revolve around March 24th... the day we find out if baby is a boy or a girl. I can't decorate the room and make plans if I'm set on girly stuff for a girl, and neutral stuff for a boy. Sorry boys, blue is overrated. Aldo wants to wait to even think of baby names. He says we didn't have any names for Luke before we knew what he was (Untrue. We had a girl name picked out. And we can't use it this time around because someone else got to it before we did.) If it happens to be a girl, here's a reminder: pick a boy name out too. Just in case. Doctors can sometimes miss things on the screen and surprise, you have a boy when you were expecting a girl! The odds aren't in our favor either. Aldo and I both really want a girl. Everyone at church has had recently or is expecting a girl. We already have a boy. Chances are… we're having a boy. I dreamt I was having a girl though, so that's something I guess. But Miss C said she had a feeling we're having a boy.
Feelings… ugh. And as I was writing this up, I looked to the Chinese Gender Chart which predicted it's a girl. March 24th, you couldn't come soon enough!

The second thing on my mind right now is our family trip. Here we come Omaha and St. Louis!
I picked some places based on where to travel in April, then we narrowed it down by process of elimination. We got down to Omaha and St. Louis and couldn't decide. Aldo wanted Omaha because our first experience was shared with another family - Did we miss out on things we would enjoy? I wanted a place we've never been before - Would St. Louis meet our expectations? We made a pro/con list and you wouldn't believe it, but by going to both we're doing what WE want to do and saving money. We've booked the first hotel and kind of planned out where we're going in each city on what day, but we still need to make reservations on a few more things.

There's so much more on my mind, I'd like to put it all down, but just typing them is kind of overwhelming. I'm trying to take one thing at a time and keep my stress level low.

Some high points:

- The other day, we drove around in the car looking at houses for sale in different areas. We saw what's out there. And explained to each other what we were looking for. It was nice. One day, that dream house will be there. Hopefully a little sooner than later. I'm ready for us to be on our own. I'm ready for a house warming, for cook-outs and play dates, and sunlight!

- I'm feeling kicks. I might have already said this before, but baby is AWAKE at 2:00pm and onward. Someone told me I should keep track of my kick count?? Never heard about that with Luke, so I've just been making sure there's movement daily. We're all good.

- Maecy got married! Mom, Luke, and I went to her courtroom wedding on Friday, March 13th. At Christmas, they kind of hinted at it to the family, and about a month ago Maecy sent us a picture of the ring. Then about two weeks ago, she called me up and said she had some news and she was afraid to tell me. Did you get married already? Nope. We're pregnant! Maecy and Juan are preggers!! She's due at the end of October! Honestly, I couldn't be more excited. I would love for our babies to be close in age and for Mace and me to share pregnancy stories and frustrations with each other as we're going through it. There's no one else I'd rather be pregnant with. There's no one else I'd rather plan a nursery with (Aldo just doesn't get it - sorry, no offense honey) and no one else I'd rather buy tutu's with.

So come on March 24th - you're only a week away.

Announcing Mr. & Mrs. Tarin • 3/13/2015 • Outside the Johnson County Courthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment