Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Guess What? - Surprise #2

18 Weeks

Really there are two surprises. The first surprise is that my sister is getting married. It's weird that she's getting married at age 20, the same age I did. Was I really that young? She told me this a while back. Actually, I found out through a text message of mom's. She didn't even tell me. She sent mom a line of pictures of her modeling and then a picture of her ring at the end. They are getting married this Friday in the courthouse.
The second surprise is that she's having a baby! Due at the end of October. I've only known for five days, but it's been the funnest thing. We've talked about us both having girls and dressing them and decorating the nursery. I also like being able to give her advice on applying for health insurance and choosing an OB/GYN. You know, important stuff. And confirming her pregnancy symptoms (Today she asked if itchiness and bad gas were side effects. Hahahahahaha. Sorry to tell you that those aren't the worst of it.)

A good place to tell you what's going on with my body at the moment…
• My skin has been really dry on my face, and sensitive. It burns to put on moisturizer.
• I guess my belly "popped". To me, it just looks like I can't suck in my fat anymore. When I tell people they're like - Oh, I guessed or wasn't sure, but I wasn't going to say anything; you're so small. In other words, GEEZ GIRL! YOU'VE GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE I LAST SAW YOU! It's okay though, no offense taken here.
• Nausea is gone! Smells are still strong, but not sooo strong. (The couch still stinks but I can sit in the living room. I don't like when the trash wafts throughout the house. That's a normal thing though.) AND, I can eat ice-cream again! And drink milk! The other day I had two bowls of cereal. I was so happy. For the longest time I've been staying away from dairy. Almond milk just doesn't cut it. Right when I discovered Dark Chocolate Almond Milk - yummmm - the joy of regular milk has come back.
• Having it rough sleeping at night. I remember when preggo with the first that near the end I'd get up throughout the night having to go to the bathroom. Not so here. I'm only 4 months pregnant and I can't get comfortable in bed. Ever since I was sick with the cold I can't breathe out of my right nostril when I'm laying on my right side. So… I sleep on my left side. (Sleeping on the side is doc's orders.) Sleeping only on my left side makes my arm and shoulders and back and neck hurt. Switching back and forth relieves the pain, but it's hard to sleep on my right when I can't breathe. Ugh. And switching back and forth doesn't help when you're trying to have the best sleep of your life. You know the kind… when you are so out, you start drooling?
• The best part, I'm feeling movement! About 2:00 in the afternoon every day, I feel a couple of arms maybe and also a torpedo roll or something. Sometimes at night before bed. Not so much in the morning. If I had to choose… I'd sleep in too.

I've discussed with Aldo how we need to start thinking of names, but he insists we wait until we know boy or girl. I'm still thinking though. I've come across some names that I liked from the Bible - Solome and Tamar - but both having not bad meanings, have terrible stories. Promiscuity, conspiracy, abused, etc. I think not. I look for names when I can. Books, movie credits, etc. Aldo has so far vetoed Baelfire (Once Upon a Time, TV Series) and Hiro (Big Hero 6, Movie), Wolfgang (man whose cabin my family stayed in a while back when we went to Wyoming) and some others… basically all of the cool names. 

Looking forward to March 24th! The day we find out…
Be ready to see an announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment