Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dedication & Doctor

Sunday was Luke's dedication. I invited all the family and they all showed! Yes! I'd been praying for that. Anyway, it went really well. Luke means "bringer of light". I knew that one. And Anthony means "to be praised". Of course he is. Luke is about the cutest baby there ever was.

And Monday was his two month appointment. Wasn't really eager to go to that as he was getting his first shots. I don't even know what for. First, the nurse took his measurements. He's 12.7 lbs. now! WOW! My little chunk is getting so big! 25.5 inches long. And forgot the other measurement, but basically he has a huge head too. After that she left, so I was stuck in the room with him and all he wanted to do was play. So we "ran ran ran" and "peek-a-boo"ed for it felt like ever! He was so happy! And laughing. It broke my heart to know that I was just leading him to seconds of torture. The doctor came in and we discussed his growth. Mainly his eating habits. And then he recommended Tummy Time because Luke will start to roll over soon. I noticed that the other day! Then the doctor left. Why? So that the nurse can do all his dirty work! She came in and gave him a squirt-full of milk (that's what it looked like anyway). And then a squirt-full of Tylenol. He didn't like it. Interesting because that was cherry flavor. And while I was rinsing out the squirter she jabbed him in the legs! and my poor baby wailed. By the time I got to him he had one band-aid on and the other she was pinching so a little droplet of blood came out. Oh, you meanie! His face tore at my heart strings. He had his eyebrows together and a little pout on his lip, so it seemed like he was staring that nurse down like saying, "If you even think about touching me...".

The things we do for our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment