Thursday, September 3, 2015

Not Technically Colicky

3 Weeks

If it's not one thing, it's another, right?
So for the past week or so (at age 2-3 weeks) Mila has had a time of "fussiness" where nothing is making her happy. I go from holding her upright with her head on my shoulder (sometimes patting her on the back or butt, sometimes not), to holding her sideways (sometimes back facing the floor, sometimes not), to sitting up, to eating, to changing her, to shhh-shing her, to singing, to bouncing, standing up and dancing, and all over again. She fights sleep so hard. Now, she's awake from around 6:30 am (right before Luke gets up for school) til about 11:00-Noon. It's really hard to get her down for that midday nap. And again she's awake from 8:00-9:00 pm all the way til almost 1:00 in he morning. That part is really difficult because if I'm the one staying up with her, first I'm exhausted from having her all day, and second, everyone else in the house is asleep and peaceful... And that's super frustrating when all you want is someone to offer a few minutes of relief. And it's heaven when she finally sleeps. Another thing I've forgotten about is the back and shoulder pain. It never goes away or "lets go" fully. And it's from holding her in these positions for  hours trying to get her to fall asleep, and also from blocking her with my arm in bed, either from rolling off the side or separating her from Aldo's body. There's no rest for a mom. Just know that. If you don't have kids and you're considering it, it's something you may want to think about. And you have  no money either. Dang, kids are expensive - delivery (hospital, doctor, anesthesia, shots, birth certificate, and those cute first pictures you might want), diapers, formula, pediatrician appointments, and then later toys and school.

Other than all that, she's great! I got her to smile today as she was laying on the floor. I can't remember what it was I did though. Some kind of sound. I just repeated what she did and spanked her legs as I did it. She smiled twice. Wahoo! Still unsure if this kid is going to like me. She gives me faces where her eyebrows come together all the time. Furrowed brows. Or she just stares. With her big grayish, blueish, brownish eyes.

On another note, Luke is doing great in school. We had one mishap already where he told on himself that he got a couple of warnings (all the way down to orange on the behavior scale), but by the end of the day he was better and ended up on green. (He got in a pencil fight.)

Oh and before I forget, Mila got her first "Oops! That might leave a mark..."-Boo Boo. I asked Luke to pass me one of the puzzle books and he tossed it over to me without looking. It cornered Mila right in the forehead. My eyes opened wide in hesitation... What is she going to do?... And she started crying. Luke was immediately apologizing. He didn't mean to hurt her of course. Just wasn't paying attention.

As a Kindergartner (because I know these things change)... As answered by Luke -
Favorite Movie/TV Show: Scooby Doo
Favorite Song: Scooby Doo theme song (but really it's "You Spin Me (Right Round)")
Favorite Book: Captain Underpants (which we are currently reading)
Favorite Food: Corn Dogs
Favorite Candy: Suckers (surprised he didn't say chocolate or Mom's candy or Reese's)
Favorite Animal: Tiger
I didn't ask him this, but if I did... Favorite Toy: Legos

That's all I have for now. My days are pretty boring. It's my birthday tomorrow! But we're not doing much. Mom's out of town on a horse thing, Aldo's schedule is blacked out for Labor Day, so I'm sending Luke to spend the night at Maecy's with Juan's nephews... It's just me and Mila. Another bonus to becoming a parent - you're getting old and you're reminded of it. At least I don't have grey or white hairs. Aldo has one on his head, one in his eyebrow, and one in his chin hair. Ha! Happy 27th pretty mama! You're doing super and holding it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment