Monday, December 13, 2010

Let the Celebrations Begin

It's not even the middle of December and I'm already exhausted from all of the holiday celebrations. Friday we had a party put on by the teens for our church. My sister and I were in the drama and Aldo cooked a ham and potatoes and volunteered to help in the kitchen. Sometimes I wish he didn't like to cook as much... but then I realize I wouldn't be eating a delicious dinner that night... We ended up staying past midnight playing Pit and Taboo with the youth, and telling silly jokes from being so slap happy. (Taboo has become a new favorite game of mine, like Catch Phrase, but now I don't have the answers memorized. I here and now add that to my wish list.)

Saturday we went Christmas shopping together and surprisingly didn't overspend. Thank you Dave Ramsey! We've gotten back on our budget and with a little a lot.. of self-control, we can actually build up some savings. Now I'm eager for everybody to unwrap them and see the thrill on their faces. :)
We weren't even home for an hour, when my Granddad invited us to his church's Christmas bash. After church on Sunday, we went to Vero's apartment to celebrate Aldo's dad's birthday with pizza and card-playing. After a few hours, we rushed back to church to watch the children in their Christmas performance. I've never been so glad for a Monday.

Well, the cold is here and I'm ready to snuggle up in a blanket with my family, flip on the tv, and sip some nice, warm hot chocolate. Lately I've been reminded of how blessed I really am... I can't wait to go home and spend time with my husband and son. I think sometimes we get caught up in life so much so that we don't realize the really important things are right in front of us. Love you Aldo and Luke!

1 comment:

  1. busy girl! the best things we have are right in front of us. i am a mega home body thanks to allie and brandon. i just like being together. sounds like aldo is quite the cook, maybe he needs to teach brandon a thing or two:)

    ReplyDelete