Monday, December 20, 2010

Blowing Raspberries

It was a wonderful weekend spent with the family even though all three of us have been sick. Finally finished shopping and wrapping gifts. Played some games and watched the last episodes of The Good Wife (so much that I think I could be a good paralegal or FBI agent now...).

Today I took Luke to the doctor for his 6 month check-up and shots. While Luke was watching the people passing by as we sat in the waiting room, I could only think of how that smile wouldn't be on his face any more in less than an hour. Any time a person would acknowledge that he was there, he would jump up and down grinning from ear to ear. In between those times he would blow raspberries and try to suck on his feet. Where does he learn this? I have no idea. While in the patient room, he kept trying to eat the paper covering the bed. Finally, when the doctor came in, I took it away, and Luke immediately started fussing. I figured... oh, it's something babies do.. because they don't have the bottle/toy/paper any more, but then the doctor asked, "Did he just have a tantrum?" Oh dear. He laughed a little and wished me luck because we're going to have a fun two-year-old if he's already throwing tantrums at 6 months.

I didn't get it until now. Terrible Twos. That's what they're called. Great. Just great. I'm going to be the mom in the middle of Wal-mart with everybody snarling at her because her kid's throwing a fit on the floor.
... ok, so not really, but I do worry about it sometimes. I just don't want any of my children to be bratty.
... and I thought boys were supposed to be easier???

Who would've thought it all started with blowing raspberries...

No comments:

Post a Comment