Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Little Man in the Mirror

I finally got us out of the house!! This morning Luke and I woke up extra early to pick up the car at Abuelita's. It started up real nice, but then once we turned on the highway, the engine light came on again. Pooh. I thought it would be fixed forever. I'm debating returning it because I really want to go in search of some winter outfits for Luke and some post-pregnancy work clothes for myself (things are a bit snug at the moment). I was also going to start on Luke's Halloween outfit tomorrow. I know what he's going to be!!! So excited!

Well, like I said we got out. First we were at Abuelita's. We watched Despierta America! with her all morning. I must say, my Spanish is improving. I think I understood quite a bit. And last night I was messing around with Spanglish... Aldo says it's a sign of a fluent speaker. Take that SeƱor G-! But mostly I was doing it to teach Luke something of his foreign native language. Afterwards, we attempted to watch Dancing with the Stars while Cousin Alex and Noah played with cars, climbed on each other, threw fits and blew whistles in our faces. There might have been too much stimuli... which is why we hightailed it outta there. Bought some groceries on the way home and Luke took a short nap before going to the neighbor's. All in all it was a productive day.

As for baby, he's found a friend. Himself in the mirror! If he's getting squirmy, I'll just pick him up and hold him in front of our dresser mirror and he goes nuts. At first Luke sees the face looking at him and smiles. Then he starts to jump up and down and coos because the face smiled at him. It's really sweet. So I'm looking forward to storytime next week because I know he will definitely enjoy the other babies' company.

Before I go, I must mention Aldo's failed attempt at making a homemade pizza for dinner last night. I'm sorry honey, it was just too funny. The "bread dough" was "unleavened"... meaning as hard as a rock. It seriously reminded me of the muffin weaponry on Charlie's Angels. Pizza = Fail.

1 comment: