Tuesday, October 5, 2010

After Lucky the Duck Died

I forgot to mention that last Friday we were going to get Directv. Well, we didn't. And never will apparently. Our walls are concrete and any other way of getting the cords in our old-fashioned, country house are against their policies. We will always be watching one TV series behind on DVD (bonus of no commercials) and random movies that I check out from the library. On top of that, our youth pastor has asked us to withdrawal from watching movies that take the Lord's name in vain. In case you aren't aware, here's some of the movies that do: Australia, Avatar, Ever After, Iron Man 2, Legally Blonde, The Notebook. You can check at this website: http://www.hollywoodandgod.com. Thankfully I hooked up the VCR this weekend and so we have the entire girly part of the Disney collection to choose from. I think we may have to hit some garage and consignment sales before the weather gets bad. I can only watch Kung Fu Panda so many times (three in one day to be exact).

 Watching movies in his Pooh chair.

Today I didn't get as much done as I wanted to. Ran a load of laundry, cleaned the dining room table, and constantly checked on the chickens and ducks. Speaking of ducks...
Yesterday was quite a day. On my way out the door to catch my ride to work I found a dead chicken in the front lawn, under our tree. Apparently the neighbor's dog (my aunt and uncle who live across the street) ripped apart the coop and had a little "playtime". Now we are down to 7 ducks and 7 chickens, one who is living in our garage until she heals. Our named animals are still in tact: Jiggles, Chester, Elvis and Priscilla, Betty and Wilma, Duck (who's really a chicken that just thinks she's a duck), and Crooked Toes.

I would love to get out of the house more often. When Luke gets upset, we just go outside and watch the animals lay around and cars speed down our gravel road. I'm hoping that Aldo will take off this Friday so we can continue our search for a trusty vehicle. And in the future I can venture to the park, to the store, and to anywhere else I please. The morning storytime for babies sounds interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment