Saturday, August 19, 2017

False Positives Aren't Common

Well, surprise... we're going to be a family of FIVE!
I was supposed to start my period on the trip to California, and I was sooo dreading it. When we returned I secretly took the pee test. At first, I didn't pee enough and I never saw the pee line expand down to where the results show. So I had to go again later. But using the same stick made it a little finicky. The pink line on the right was bold, whereas the line on the left was faded, almost as if it was too old and chemicals got mixed, or like you could see where a line should be, but it wasn't supposed to show. So the next day, when I still didn't start my period, it was weird. Is it from all of this traveling stress? Later that night Aldo told me he thought I should take a test. I confessed I already did. We ended up digging in the trash to retrieve the old false positive. By then both pink lines were BOLD.

Fact: False positives aren't common. Home pregnancy tests are 97% accurate, as early as the day after you miss your period. They look for the hCG hormone in your urine. False negatives are more common because either your hCG hormones aren't high enough or you tested too early. The best time to test is around 6-7 weeks.

This morning I took another test just to be sure. Yes. I am pregnant. I still can't believe it. Both lines showed up right away, almost like they were SUPER BOLD. Was not expecting this. Haha!
What's funny is that Luke said not long ago that he wants a baby brother. Mila is just obsessed with babies. It's strange to think Mila will be a big sister! Wow! I want to tell the kids to see the surprise on their faces, but I also want to wait for... I don't know what... the doctor visits or something? Also, Aldo and I discussed keeping this one a surprise. Aldo made a very good point - "Are you sure with the way you like to plan?" Let's go get some baby stuff!

Looks like I'll be a stay-at-home mom longer than I thought. And looks like we'll be getting a house sooner than I thought (according to Aldo we just don't have room in the apartment).

And now that I think about it... what are the early signs again? Well this time the obvious is no period, but also my teeth have been hurting and tasting metallicy. And second, during our stay in California I had to pee like every night. Having to pee is a sign I didn't know about. Of course in the end of pregnancy, but in the beginning?

Prepare for a whole new pregnancy experience. And this time I have a toddler. 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment