Saturday, August 20, 2016

Milestones Plus

I had better catch up. I realized that I don't know the exact day that Mila started walking. Believe it or not, I thought she walked first with me. And I was so excited about it because she took 3 steps to make it to ME!!! And then later I found out that she had already walked for mom. Way to burst my bubble. Anyway, here are the milestones for a 1-Year Old.

  • Cruising/Walking - ALL THE TIME. Cruising is when babies/toddlers walk along stuff, like the couch. This is easy peasy for Mila. And I realized a few days ago, that she is daily walking more and more by herself. First it was 3 steps. The next day 4 steps. The next day 5 there and 5 back again. But, she's only walking when she wants, because cruising and crawling are a whole lot faster. And she's got places to be.
  • Pincer Grasp - She was able to do this long ago. She's been able to break into her snacks with her teeth since the day she first had them! And... she can't hold just one snack at a time either. Must have hands full of food!!!
  • Separation Anxiety - She has this every once in a while. She used to cry when I got home from work (after Aldo had been watching her all evening). She would be fine, but then when I would walk through the door realize that I had been gone. I think this last time I came through the door she just looked at me and then went back to what she was doing though. I was kind of heart broke.... There are other times though where she's okay with others talking to her and sometimes even touching her, but she'll just give them the stare down in Mama's arms. But if it's someone she doesn't know... you can't even touch her hand. Don't even try it. Last Sunday I was able to leave her in Nursery at church from the get go. By the end she was ready for me. They said she screamed every so often. They just had to keep her busy. So we're making progress. (Today I am at work from bell to bell, so we'll see how she did at Mama Lily's.)
  • Throwing Things on the Floor - If she's not interested in it anymore, then it's ready for the floor. I don't play this game for long.....
  • Forming Language - She's a talker. She can be loud. She's a singer too. I know she's saying real things though, I just don't understand them yet. Because there are times when I say something like "all done" or "night night" or "Bullet" and she'll repeat it. She comprehends. And she's forming it all in her mind. Sometimes it just doesn't come out clear enough for me to understand it.
  • Sleep - Still not sleeping through the night, but that's because she's breastfed and I am a comfort object. I bet once we have the crib up again, or better yet, her own room (!!!), she'll be sleeping through the whole night.
  • Solid Food - She can now eat ALL things! Her favorites are: avocado, fruit loops, grapes, spicy chicken enchiladas, and macaroni.
  • Play - She likes to play with the cabinet doors, and now get into them. It's the tupperware... She'll pretend to cook like Mommy. She also plays "Peek a Boo" with socks, except that when she hides, the socks end up behind her head instead of in front. I clearly see her, but I pretend for her sake. :) She likes to read books herself. And of course, anything Luke has is fair play too. Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier - she'll try to climb to get stuff. And she has no fear of trying to get down either. It won't be long before she is getting up and down from the couch.
  • Nap Time - Every once in a while Mila will take a morning nap, but most of the time it's for 1.5-2 hours at around 4:30 pm. Wahoo for something consistent!
  • Dancing - I mentioned somewhere that she likes music. She bops up and down, sqatting her legs. She will be a little dancer like Mommy! <I squeal in delight!>
  • Humor - She thinks she's funny. I can pretend laugh and she'll mimic me with her most fake, white girl laugh. Gosh, I love her!
I HAVE to put these pictures on here. All day, all I could do was look at the pictures on my phone. There are so many I haven't been able to share. People would be overwhelmed with how photogenic and gorgeous she is. Consider that a warning; here they are.

 A Special Photoshoot by Mommy

Mila in Her Tutu
(She was clapping and yelling at Bullet) 


<3 One of My Favorites <3

All of the above were taken for her First Birthday Invites. She was 11 months old and I took them in our front yard by the apple tree gate. She only smiled because Bullet was outside. She kept screaming at him. He is her puppy. Haha! 
 
Mila's First Pony (Almost 1 Year)
Watching "Life of Pets" with Papa

These next pictures were taken at the Overland Park Arboretum yesterday. It was my first "day off" from cleaning/prepping the house, from library work, and just a day to rest in general, and then my mom invited us to go to something like a botanical garden. It was boring and hot as all get out, but I got some good photos out of it. Mila behaved well and liked the flowers anyways.

Striking a Pose
(My Delicate Flower...) 

Mom taking more pictures of cheesy stuff she'll never use....


 

The Cuteness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment