Saturday, August 13, 2016

Birthday Blah Blah

I'm not too ecstatic about Mila's birthday.
It's not right that I have to put off celebrations to cater to the schedules of others. To the point where it may have to be celebrated in a different month entirely. And also, that those who claim to love her obviously don't care too much about her because then they would know that this is a huge milestone and would shower her in gifts, yet they didn't get even one. It's not about YOU on HER birthday. SHE gets the attention. I thought that this birthday etiquette was understood. But here I am on a venting overload.

Mila, know that I tried to get you a big birthday. I tried to go all out. I had the plans. It was going to be a "Ruffles & Bows" themed party. I had the outfit (and backups) picked out for you. I would have even attempted to do special frosting on the cake myself - ruffles! I had the invite. It came down to the date, time and place.
Can't have it at home (which is where I really wanted to have it) because the grounds need to stay clean for the sale and for the house going on the market. Also can't have it for long because it's a "distraction". Can't have it at the park because it's hot. Can't have it at the pool because there wouldn't be any food. Can't have it at the church because they've already done so much for me, and I would feel expected to decorate. But I can't decorate because it could also be considered a "distraction" and we need to save for a house.
I'm so sorry Mila. You are my baby girl, my sassy pants, my princess. I wanted to have this big, extravagant thing and I was, honestly, let down.

Here's how it went: I had to work, so while I was gone Luke and Daddy got up and blew up balloons for you. Luke really wanted you to have a surprise when you woke up. When I got home I was super excited about you opening your presents, but Daddy made us eat lunch first. After lunch and ice cream, you opened your gifts from us. You weren't even dressed up yet, but that's okay. We couldn't wait! Luke gave you a fun, pink and purple piano and a Minion microphone that sings a Minion-version of "Barbara Ann". It's about bananas. This is right now your favorite song. <3 Daddy and I gave you a barn puzzle that talks. Luke also made you a homemade Pokemon book.
Grammy called and was slightly bummed that you already opened your gifts and so we re-packaged them, dressed you in a cute outfit, and decorated your chair for when it was cupcake time. You re-opened your gifts. They were just as great as the first time around. You didn't want to sit in your seat (it was close to nap time) - but you were okay once you saw the candle, which Luke accidentally blew out in demonstration.
You poked the cupcake frosting. Once it was on both hands, you tried to wipe it off... with your hands... and you got angry because it was messy. So I forced some frosting in your mouth. You spit it out. I put some more in and you just weren't having it. Daddy said you might be like him and not like sweets. (I know that's not true because you can sense when I am eating chocolate.....) So I gave you some of the cupcake portion without frosting. You didn't care for it either. Cupcakes were a bust. You were more interested in these flavorless teething treats. And that was it. Blaaahhhhhhhhh....

Selfie with the Birthday Girl

 Not Too Sure


 Trying to Share.
Trying to Help.
Trying to Trick You, But It Didn't Work.

Mila Likes Her Music

No comments:

Post a Comment