Friday, July 8, 2016

Tennessee Calling

(Almost 11 Months)

So back and rested from camp, what has happened? A lot actually. We had the fourth of July celebration at Cam's house. And we have a new friend from camp that we are claiming into our big church family - Josh.

And we had debated beforehand if I was going to go back to work at the library. But decided we wouldn't discuss more until July. Well we discussed it, and figured out that going back on Wednesday and one Saturday a month would be ok, as well as continuing to work on Thursdays. Tuesday is a possibility. BUT.... something else happened.
Mom brought a real estate agent to the house. She's about ready to list the house. There's a few minor things she has to do beforehand - trim the trees and mulch the front. She could get that done in the next week. So our schedule to find a home has been moved up. The real estate agent said that the place would sell quick. Our timeline is 2 months (by October)!

Her plans are to move to Tennessee and live in a tiny home. :(
So all yesterday I looked at houses that we might be able to afford. Or different ways to buy us time or save money. Different ways to make it work. It's going to be strange without mom around. And not living in a basement. Being ON OUR OWN for real. It's time though, I guess. We've been here since Luke was 4 months old (that'll be 6 years in September). It'll be strange not having a Grammy around. Maybe this is a new season to get closer to Dad, or to his Abuelito and Mama Lily? And it breaks my heart to think that Mateo and Mila won't get to know Grammy like Luke does. Crazy new seasons!!

One thing Aldo and I agreed on last night was that this process - although others have gone through it and have gotten in fights about various things and it's caused divorces, etc. - that it's going to be fun for us. And we'll grow together. Lord showed me His provision all through camp and that He steers things, He can surely do this. I remember things being backward or opposite when Aldo had his surgery. Instead of scared, we felt peace. And during our marriage, it's been sort of opposite - we might have had one argument, but it's been seven years at the end of July and I haven't "itched" at all. We love each other more. And I can read his mind. He has yet to read mine. But he's not tired of trying. So I feel like with buying our first home, it will be opposite than what the norm is. As I said from early on.... I won't be a statistic. We're going to stand out.

Mila Eating Like a Big Girl! 
She looooves spaghetti.

I've figured out that it's hard to get any picture other than Mila because when I am not holding her is the time I am able to take the picture... and I'm always holding her. When a time comes when someone offers to take a picture of the family, you take it. I try to get pictures of the two kids together. And of even Aldo and the kids. Nobody thinks to take pictures with me in them!!! HA! So here are our 4th of July pics. Enjoy!

*~ Buying our Fireworks ~*
(They offered to take our pic with the big blow up monkey. IT WASN'T EVEN THAT MEMORABLE! LOL)

Happy on the 4th

I HAVE FRIENDS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment