Friday, January 30, 2015

It's That Time of Season

* Note: I came back and edited this particular post. Edits in Blue. If a portion was deleted I'll put a … symbol.

Week 13

I told myself I wouldn't mention it so much because when I finally read Luke's blog book all I talked about was being sick. We were sick ALL OF THE TIME. Or so it seemed because that's all I wrote about. So I told myself, we'll skip that part this time around and I'll try to get all of the other stuff.

At this time, it has to be mentioned. It has a post of it's own. And I say "home living" as one of the labels, but I should say "bed ridden, not really enjoying the entire home…".
Nausea has been so bad this time around. With Luke, I remember eating Cup-O-Noodles all of the time because I couldn't stand the smell of other things, especially chicken carbonara. And poor Aldo had slaved away making a huge pot of it. There were times when I was able to eat peaches and pop tarts, but that was mainly it. The only time I got nauseous was in the car. And it didn't last weeks upon weeks. It was fairly short. This one is completely on the flip side. I've been able to eat anything, mostly anything. Fruit, carbs, steak, Chinese food, spicy Mexican, chocolate… anything. I've been staying away from milk and ice-cream, which is unfortunate because I really like cereal and I would love a Sheridan's concrete right now. But nausea has been morning, noon and night. As it's been tapering off, it's been morning and night, which is really hard on Aldo because that's the only time I see him.
Then this week happens. I caught the cold… (Thank goodness the kids were angels.) I stayed in bed for 2 days straight.
The worst day was when my taste went haywire… Coming home one night I was eating a protein bar I had eaten one that morning, which was delicious and perfect. This one tasted spicy hot, like cayenne pepper. My mouth was on fire. I was riding with mom and had her taste it; later she said she tried hard to find the cayenne but didn't taste one bit of spice. The next day I had another for breakfast. Spicy cayenne. For lunch I went and got lemonade and a tuna sandwich. Drinking the lemonade, I could still taste the cayenne. I was like, forget this. I'll eat the tuna. That should help. It's a strong flavor, strong smell right? The tuna sandwich tasted like cayenne. That night I ordered Chinese food, sweet and sour soup and egg rolls. The soup was great. I couldn't taste a thing. When Aldo got home, he tasted it and said it was unbearably spicy, he couldn't finish it, and it was making him sweat! I cried. I can take the nausea. I can take the cold. I can't take the fact that every food tastes like cayenne pepper.
Mucinex and Acetaminophen (tylenol) have been the dynamic duo in getting rid of this. For sure, I've been on everything during this pregnancy. (Prescribed antibiotics for sickness when we found out, UTI antibiotics, prescribed prenatals, over-the-counter prenatals, Emetrol, Diclegis, Flinstones vitamins, Mucinex, tylenol… I'm a walking pharmacy.)
Speaking of, I wanted to say that I like Emetrol best, over anything else (future reference)…

Aldo said that with Luke I was sick maybe three times. Well, this is number one with this pregnancy. I think we should try and keep it that way… sanitize it up, ok?

P.S. I went through 4 boxes of Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment