Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reflux? Are you serious?

For the past two weeks Luke has had this nasty cough. At first I thought it might be the air conditioning. So we tried to keep him covered at night with blankets, but he just kicked them off. So we put him in pants. But he was still coughing. And it progressed worse. Now he sounds like the babies on the Pertussis commercials and has a runny nose. Before I thought it might also be allergies, but I didn't think babies developed allergies this young. Poor baby has a cold.
On Sunday, it was the worst I have ever heard. The kind of cough that makes you cringe... a baby shouldn't be in this much pain. I made an appointment with the doctor. Yesterday he tells me it's reflux. Are you serious? He can tell because Luke is eating double the amount he usually eats at night. And even though he's not coughing up anything, it can still be reflux. He tells me to lower his formula intake.
So I come home and fed poor Luke less. And he actually does really well with it. Last night, he slept all the way through. I actually had to wake him up this morning to go to Abuelita's. (His diaper was like a weight!) However, everyone was questioning doctor's diagnosis. And when Luke had some green boogies, I agreed too. I think Luke is sick. This is awful. I'm pretty sure he got it from Aldo too. Or vice versa. Aldo blames his sucking on the binkies (why he was sucking on them I don't know).

Other than Luke, this past week has been really busy. Again. It's like I never have any down time. I've been manically cleaning the house, getting ready for today. The dogs brought fleas into the house a while back, and when you find one, you end up with a hundred. So today I planned to bomb. I also took the dogs to the vet for their check-up and for flea pills. We're going to get those pesky things!
During my time away from the house, I stayed over at Granddad's. I don't know what got into me, but I really felt like cleaning. So I went to his office and organized two of his desks. There are papers everywhere! I hope he doesn't get mad that I moved some things. But I think from now on, or at least for the next month or two, I'm going to help Granddad on Thursday mornings. He needs help so I'm going to help him get his finances straight and his rentals in order. Phew! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment