Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Rest of Us

I didn't get to complete my last post. I only covered the kids!
Today, we had Luke's soccer game early this morning, had to have the house up to par for a showing (and mom is gone on a "bow trip"), took care of animals, and then while we waited we went to NFM and bought a flatscreen tv!! My eyes go cross-eyed watching the tube. And I can't read the subtitles either. So, I bring this up because this is kind of a look into how our weekends go. And patiently waiting/ trying to figure out how this stinking credit thing works. It's like we're biding our time.....

Aldo finally figured out a few days ago what his plan is for the future. I asked him the other day, saying I need a plan. He heard of an opening within NFM for a warehouse manager. It would allow M-F working 6:00 am-3:00 pm, some Saturdays, starting at 52K a year WITHOUT the Bachelor's that is required for the position. Yesterday, as we were eating out he announced that someone overheard a good word. He might really get this position!! Crosses fingers. If he gets the position, the plan is to send him to school for business or something along those lines. When he completes it, his salary will go up. Then I, depending on the time, can go back to school if I wish -or- he can continue his schooling and look into the chiropractic field.

Where does this leave us with the house hunt? I have no idea. I guess we'll just keep our eyes open, bide our time, and talk to the financial advisor again. These beginning stages are lame. But things might move quicker than expected... who knows... because mom went down to Tennessee last weekend and put an offer down on a piece of land. I never find out anything through mom until much later, so I don't know the status of that.

As for myself, I have been working on Wednesday mornings and Thursday evenings since the summer. I'm glad we chose for me to go back to work; it has been a breath of adult air. BUT, it is not at all the same as it used to be. I still need to figure out goals for myself. Without a "to-do list" I feel lazy. Without a specific job I don't feel necessary. It's chump work. And that's ok, but I'm also applying this to the home job too. I've been digging into the Bible on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday early in the morning (and even did my own Bible Study for the teens on Cisterns vs. Wells), but I need something else too. For when I can't read all day. With Luke, I used to come up with projects. That's what I need. Once we have a house of our own, I forsee that I'll probably be DIYing and decorating a lot. But for now, what am I to do? What can I do with a 1-yr-old? I need to get that creative outlet, and satisfaction. Or teaching outlet... but she's only 1. Hmph.
Speak of the sweetie, it's time to feed. Until next time....

One last thing though... I may have an outlet here soon because we have a Halloween party coming up that I need to create some super awesome outfits for. They are family costumes. :) I have my work cut out for me! More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment