Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Days Driftin' Away...

Almost 10 Months

I absolutely love summer. The weather, the sleeping in, the possibility of big breakfasts, the grilling out, the open schedule, the outdoor activities (picnics, spots, shopping, etc.), the longer days, and the swimming when I finally decide to do it. I would consider yesterday our first day of running with our summer schedule. Luke and I woke up around 9am while Daddy went to work and Mila slept. He watched two movies, then I told him he needed to do some schoolwork before anything else. I bought him these workbooks so he wouldn't get lazy over the summer. We did the page that talked about President George Washington. I've also introduced Mad Libs to him, so without knowing it, he's learning the different parts of speech. Smart mama. Grammy was visiting friends in Tennessee, so we picked her up from the car rental place in the afternoon (after playing outside for an hour practicing soccer... Luke of course won) and went to our On Pointe classes before coming home. Also, we've been taking care of Grammy's animals while she's been away, and the last day, she had a baby chic hatch. We set up the box and heat lamp, water and food, and have been keeping a close eye on the little guy.

Today was more productive. Before we go on our trip to Branson, I told Aldo I wanted the house clean and laundry done so we had clothes to pack. Luke already had his "What to Pack" list made up... This morning Aldo cleaned out the fridge, took out the trash, and did all the dishes. I cleaned the living room, did laundry, cleared the dining table, and made lunch. Now all I have to worry about is upkeep. Eventually I'd like to shampoo the carpet (which wasn't done before we brought Mila home from the hospital) and go through our closets and drawers (especially Mila and Luke's). Maybe I'll find the Driver's License, credit card, insurance cards, and social security cards that I lost??? With Mila being a little more independent, it'll be easier to keep a sort of "House Rules" or summer schedule. I'm thinking of things like: Fold laundry out of dryer, keep sink clean of dishes, before playing on Mommy's phone must do a page or two of schoolwork, in bed by 9:30 or 10 (adults laying down at 11:30). I didn't say it earlier (because I don't want to be bummed if it doesn't work out) but I'd like to also work out a little bit in the mornings. It's my one time to get anything done for me. Both kids are asleep, and Aldo too... So I could wake up, work out, read/study, computer work, clean house, shower. And have fun the rest of the day, and focus on Luke and Mila while Aldo is at work.

As for Mila, I think she'll do wonderfully on our trip. She says "Mama" and "Dada", although Dada is more of any boy and her go-to gibberish word. She'll let other people hold her and even watch her in short spurts of time. She'll let you know when she's hungry with sign language (the correct one, by doing the hand gesture for "please" by her mouth). She'll shake her head "no". It's a matter of time before she starts saying it. She'll play Patty Cake. She eats grown up food!!! Her favorites are mashed potatoes or French fries, straight up avocado, seasoned meat (carne asada), bananas, apple sauce, jello, baby pudding, and baby snack puffs. One of the biggest successes is that she's been taking semi-regular naps. I say semi-regular because it depends on what time she lays down. But around 4 o'clock I can count on a two hour nap. And when she wakes up, she doesn't go toward the edge of the bed. She's such a happy waker-upper. Generally speaking. She's a girl, so she has her  days. We're in the fun stages though!! I'm reading to her and trying new things like Hide and Seek, letter magnets that go on the fridge, more bath time, and other stuff. Hopefully there's a pool at our hotel in Branson.  I wonder if she's a water baby too...

No comments:

Post a Comment