Saturday, April 9, 2016

On/Off Schedule

I could pull my hair out.. Thank goodness it's the end of the day. This morning we slept in a little; Luke's game wasn't until noon but he had pictures so he did have to look good-ish. I woke up at 8 and started on drying the laundry and washing some dishes. We've run out of bowls and spoons and pans and pots so many times... I hate dishes. I'd really like to just go buy more bowls and silverware, but I know if I did that then out dirty pile would become a mound and start molding if it hasn't already. Anyway, Luke had a pretty good game (he had a nice save as goalie, laying down to block the ball, and even though they lost 6-3, he didn't seem disappointed or wanting to give up completely). Note to self for future kids: spring sports that are outside are going to be cold. I use my Mommy wrap thing and snuggle her in there and then wear one of Aldo's jackets and zip us up together. We look weird I'm sure, but at least she's warm. I hope. Luke went with Grammy and Mila and I headed home.
She fell asleep in the car seat (I should've done something productive now that I think about it) and so I played Cooking Fever on my phone, waiting forever for Luke to come home. When he didn't and Mila had finally woken up, I took her out and let her play with her basket of toys while I watched an episode of Falling Skies. By the end, I had layed down, across our new couch, telling myself I can't fall asleep because Mila can't be alone without someone watching her constantly. She pulls on cords, she eats paper, she'll crawl under tables and get stuck, she pull up things and get stuck because she'll bop her head if she falls down. I ended up falling asleep. When I closed my eyes I know she was playing with the microphoned robot that's out of batteries on one side of her car seat, when I snapped awake realizing what I had done, she was on the other side of the car seat. Did I only snooze for 15 minutes, was it an hour? I don't know because it honestly felt like 4 hours. I don't know where the time went.... 
For the rest of the day Mila has been high-pitched yelling at me. Feed me. Change me. Watch me. Entertain me, monkey. You're not getting it. I'm tired. But I don't want to sleep. Figure it out. 
The problem is, she has no set schedule like Luke did. I could tell you within 15 minutes Luke's nap time and eating time, etc. Mila wakes up at noon. Mila wakes 8:00 am. Mila wakes up at 10:00 am. Mila has 3 naps. Mila has no naps. Mila goes right to sleep when we go to bed. Mila wants to stay up and play, look at the light on the wall, play with Daddy, take Mommy's glasses. I know she has some form of schedule there... Maybe right now she's going through a growth spurt or something and so it's changing, but goodness... I would really like to know what it is. 
Success story of the day: tonight putting her in bed was difficult. So I thought, we're going to quiet down and get prepped for this night night time... Make the atmosphere. I out a movie in my computer for us to watch in bed. It was Peppa Pig playing with bubbles. And Mila laughed at it! She giggles and tried to hit the keyboard. Finally! Something she enjoys!!!
As I'm laying here in bed typing this out, I feel wonderful. Dang, I'm a good mom. Pat yourself on the back cause you is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment