Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Word Association

The life of a full-time, working mother. We blog at midnight because there's no better time to do it.
Anyway, I had to post this before Luke learns something new. Earlier this month we have been babysitting a friend's dog named ChaCha. Luke calls her "caca", as well as any other dog, or animal for that matter. And sometimes he just randomly says "caca". It's kind of funny since Aldo's family speaks Spanish, but I don't want him going to school and get in trouble for calling homework "caca". Well, we bought my mother-in-law a puppy for her birthday. Luke was calling him said name, which wouldn't work because he's a boy... so I've since then been trying to teach him the word "puppy".
Last week, Aldo and I were just talking like usual on the couch, about our day at work, etc. and one of us said the word "puppy". Without a second to pause Luke said, "caca". I know that's not what I was trying to teach him... but I was so excited because it's like word association! Or idea association! I don't know... But it lets me know that what I'm teaching, he's understanding. And keeping in his mind until later it comes up again, and he recognizes it! Ah, sweet success.
That's my story for the night. I will probably have more as this weekend is my birthday and also a holiday, so three day weekend. And also next week we are preparing for Aldo and Luke's first ever airplane ride to Texas!
Until then, good night.

P.S. He has eight teeth and counting. There are four coming in on bottom right now... and the last two were full of endless drool baths. Two of them are molars!

No comments:

Post a Comment