Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baby Fever

I took Luke to the doctor for his one year check-up this week. The doc said that his weight is in the 75th percentile and his height at 97th percentile. Only three out of every one hundred kids is taller than Luke! Needless to say, he's going to be a Big Boy. It felt like we were waiting in the room forever just to start with. Luke played with his toy car, pointed at every sticker and picture on the wall, skimmed every drawer, basically broke my phone, and ate some fruity snacks while we were waiting. By the time the doctor came in he was already cranky. So he started throwing tiny fits when his ears and diaper were checked. I don't blame him. I wouldn't want anyone tugging around on me either. And then the nurse gave him four shots and made me hold his hands. Way to be cruel. I never thought this way before, but I'm starting to see how doctors are mean. Anyway...

I think I'm getting baby fever. Part of me wants another one, part of me is saying that I'm absolutely crazy. So far the rational one is winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment