Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crawling & Biting


It's been hectic as of late because I've been taking care of the house of course, and also I took on a few more hours at work. Thankfully it doesn't decrease my time spending with Luke (it more or less affects the house cleaning... but who wants to do that anyway?) So I have some catching up to do on this blogging business.

Luke started crawling last week.. the night of January 6th to be exact. I walked in the door from just getting off of work, and there he was on the floor. Trying to grab a nasty, old rag. He couldn't reach, so he just army/belly scooted and had just the amount of arm length to get the dirty thing and put it in his mouth. Boys...
Now he can pop up on his knees. Sometimes he'll stay there for a while rocking back and forth, and then he makes a daring nose dive towards a toy or something. It's very fun to watch. Seems that's basically all I do... the social life goes completely out the window when you become a mommy.


Second, Luke has got some teeth in that cute little mouth. Dollar amounts keep going off in my head because when I see them, I notice they're crooked and I know we'll have to pay for braces. I had them for four years on and off. Hopefully, though, his other teeth will push them into place. 
Aldo was nervous that once Luke would get teeth, he'd somehow turn ugly. Nope. He's still as cute as ever. The negative side is whenever he gets ahold of your finger, you better move fast. He bites! Last night I was watching a movie with him and man, he bit down hard. I wanted to cry! And smack him for doing it! But I couldn't. I didn't want to know that a baby made me cry, and two I'm not ready to punish my son for anything yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment