Monday, November 8, 2010

Abuelito Weekend

Aldo and I, Mom and Maecy, went to the Consumed Conference with our church youth group to minister to other young teens. It was an awesome weekend of worship and love encounters.
While we were gone, Luke stayed at his Abuelita's and spent some time with his Abuelito and Aunt Veronica as well. Abuelito sent us a text in the middle of the conference. It was in Spanish, but as far as I could understand... Luke slept with Abuelito and Abuelita (lucky... he's not allowed to sleep with me any more...) and Abuelito cut his fingernails. I was eager to pick him up. Aldo kept teasing me, telling me that Luke would probably start crawling while we were gone.
When we arrived at the house, Luke was still awake! I was expecting him to be asleep as his bed time is around 9:30pm. (I guess it doesn't count in a Mexican household.) Anyway, Abuelita said that he was perfect all weekend, until a few hours before we arrived. He started getting cranky, and she suspected it was because he missed his parents. Awwww! It just makes your heart about burst <3

Today, Luke and I had a pretty boring morning. We had to take Daddy to work because we forgot to pick up the Scooby Doo van, and on the way back home had to pick up diapers since we ran out in the middle of the night. (Luke was wearing a size too big... and Mommy didn't want to clean up any leaks.) As soon as we got home, we were both exhausted and decided to rest. For lunch, I chose to try out more baby food with Luke. He didn't like the peaches, but maybe a vegetable would work...
He LOVES green beans! (The mess I left is horrific.) I had him in his Pooh walking seat, and he kept diving forward with his mouth to get the green goop, but missed and ran his face into the spoon. It would fly onto his bib, or on the table part of the seat, or luckily stay on the spoon. In between bites, I'd wipe up the mess. And if his face started dripping, I'd wipe it off too. And even more... I ran out of stuff in the bowl two or three times! During those times, he'd start sucking on his jacket sleeves and so they are green too. Man, it was such a mess! But he ate the whole jar!

Ah, the life of mom. So many moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment